26

Shoutouts to:

oliviaa_taylorr

AJ_1127

Directioner_Lilly

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Lilly Kane's POV
✦✧✦✧✦✧6.91k reads✦✧✦✧✦

I slowed down in front of my house, the car tired screeching to a lazy stop. I hesitantly got out, taking my time to get out of the car and walk up to the apartment.

My weird dream kept replaying and replaying over in my mind. I didn't understand it; maybe it was to give me some insight? To show me what I couldn't see?

I shook my head and reached the door step, silently praying that they wouldn't incriminate me as soon as I enter through the door. I pushed open the door with ease, surprised that it wasn't locked. What was going on?

I heard soft sobbing coming from the corner of the room, along with the rustling of plastic bags. "Tamara," I called into the darkness, fumbling around for the light switch. "Is that you?" I asked, clicking on the light.

She was curled up in a ball, lying on the couch and crying quietly with her hand stuffed in a cookie bag. I could've sworn that I heard my heart break. "Tu-Turn off the light, Lilly," she whimpered, pulling out half of a cookie from the bag.

"What's wrong, Tamara? Where's Niall?" a million questions ran through my head but those are the two that managed to escape my mind.

She wailed and buried her head under the blanket. "P-Please, just go aw-away!" she whined, followed by a storm of sniffling.

"Did he hurt you?"

She paused for a moment, growing quiet under the blanket. "Yes," she whispered. I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth. I was already pissed off and wanted to knock his teeth out.

"What did he do? Tamara, I fucking promise, I'm going to punch him in the throat."

"It was my fault," she whispered again, sounding meek and helpless. "I shouldn't have gotten with him in the first place."

"What happened!" I raised my voice, growing angrier and angrier every second.

"He cheated, okay? He ran off and fucked some gutter slut," she cried, wiping her tears with the back of her hand. "Some bitch named Dawn, I don't know her."

Instantly, my knees grew weak and my anger had only exceeded. The girl dating Liam. The girl I met at the diner. The girl who used to date Harry. The girl I was going to kill.

"Where is he now, do you know?"

"Probably back at his shitty flat. Are you gonna beat him up for me?" she laughed, chomping down on a chocolate chip cookie.

"Well, I can't beat up Niall only. I got to take care of Dawn as well."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My tires screeched to a stop. The sound would usually bother me, but today, not so much. I didn't attempt to be silent, instead, I slammed the door and jogged up to the flat. It was small and the paint was chipping off of the dark bricks underneath. I raised my fist and beat on the door. I was about ready to karate kick the door open, but it was opened for me.

Niall was standing in the door way with a baby blue robe draped over his pale figure. His blonde hair was down and messy. All color seemed to have drained from his face, and deep purple bags were visible underneath his eyes. "Lilly?"

"Hell yeah, it's me. Now let me in." I glared at him coldly. He didn't hesitate to step aside and allow me into his apartment. It was suspicious, but I brushed it off. "Kind of odd that you're not at my place with Tamara." I slowly eased into the conversation, careful not to start accusations just yet.

"Quit stalling, I know the real reason that you're here. I cheated on Tamara. It was wrong, it was a stupid thing to do and I realize this."

"Then why did you do it?"

"Alcohol. I was drunk, Lilly. You think I would intentionally break your best friend's heart? If I could take back what I did, I could. You're probably pissed at me and I can totally understand that." he rubbed his eyes, then tightened the robe strings to avoid eye contact with me.

"Well, yeah, I am pretty upset about it," I stared down at my boots. "She just needs an apology and-"

"You know how many times I've apologized? You know how many voice mails I left? You know how many messages I sent? She won't answer me. She's stubborn. But," he stopped himself and looked up at me. "I love her. I really do." he whispered, biting his lip and looking at the ground.

I was speechless; beyond that point, actually. I've never heard such a moving confession from a male.

"Please, tell her that, I need to hear her voice again. I need to hear her laugh, I just need to be in her presence."

"Sure, um, I'll tell her." I spoke awkwardly, twiddling my thumbs.

"Thanks for stopping by, I guess."

"Yeah." was my only reply before I spun on my heel and exited the apartment. I felt bad leaving him alone back there, but I couldn't stay there and comfort him. I'm on Tamara's side with this case.

On my way to the car, I heard rustling and cursing in the bushes. My heart skipped a beat, and I knew better than to just stand there. I ran to my car, fear sweeping over every section of my mind. Before my fingers could even grasp the metal car door handle, I was hit on the back of my head.

I fell to the cold ground, blackness taking over my sight. I was on the verge of passing out, and just before I did, I heard a hot British voice chuckle. "Here we go again, Prize. Don't worry, I'll take care of you.."

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧