03

Lilly Kane's POV

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

Harry rested his head on my shoulder, breathing softly and quietly. "I'm sorry for bringing it up." I apologized, tracing circles in his back. He shook his head, his curls bobbing around.

"Don't be sorry," Harry mumbled under his breath. He patted my back and stood up, brushing off his skinny jeans. Tiny rocks crunched beneath his shoes as he made his way over to his car. I heaved a sigh, secretly wishing he'd done more than give me a friendly pat on the back. A long, warm hug would've been nice. "Lilly? Did you hear me?" I shook my head, my hair slapping my cheeks.

"I said, get into the car. I'm gonna take you to the movies to make up for my shitty behavior." he smiled and slid into the car seat, patting the place beside him.

"You don't have to do that Harry, I shouldn't have brought it up in the first pla-"

"Shut the hell up and get in the car. I'm trying to be nice, okay?" he puffed a frustrated sigh. I held my hands up in defense and slid into the seat beside him. "What do you want to watch?" he asked, starting down the dirt path, turning onto a busy road.

"I-I don't kn-know it depends on the movies." I began, stammering through my sentence. To avoid awkward tension, I flicked on the radio, a low humming song came from the speaker. Harry began to sing to the song, "Isn't she lovely? Isn't she wonderful? Isn't she precious? Less than a minute old.." his voice was so angelic and mesmerizing I forgot I was staring at him. He sang more, his neck straining when he hit a high note or when he hit a passionate part of the song.

My mouth was wide open and I blinked slowly; I guess you could say I was completely dumbfounded. Those X-Factor judges must've been deaf, because Harry's voice is far from terrible. It felt like I was having an eargasm just listening to his soft voice ring throughout the car. Once the song ended, I was disappointed. I crossed my arms and huffed a small sigh.

"Was my singing that bad? Damn Lilly, you could've told me instead of pouting about it." he snapped. He tightened his grip on the steering wheel so his hands began to turn a dark shade of pink.

"That's not it at all! I'm disappointed that the song ended because I wanted to hear you sing some more. You're amazing, Harry." I complimented. His grip softened and so did his expression.

"Oh, I thought.. I mean, thank you." he blushed slightly. I smirked at him then watched the road to see the trees passing by us so quickly they looked like blurs. It made me kind of happy to see him blush; it doesn't seem like something he'd do. We pulled onto a gravel road and parked in a small area. "Let's go check the movies." he came to my side and opened the door for me. It's odd how he can act like such a gentleman at one time then a complete dick at another time.

A large poster caught my attention. The two people on the poster had a blue backdrop behind them, with a pair of clouds underneath them. Their heads were nuzzled together, one of them with an oxygen strip connected to their nose. "Harry," I said almost breathlessly. "I wanna watch 'The Fault in Our Stars.'" I replied, brushing my fingers over the poster.

"No, hell no."

"What? Why!" I practically screamed.

"Because,"

"Why! Please,"

"I don't like sad movies." he frowned and picked at his finger nails to avoid eye contact.

"I'll hold you if you get sad," I taunted him like a five year old. He huffed a sigh and glared at me, his green eyes glowing with pure anger.

"Fuck, fine. You're so annoying." he growled; I think he tried to insult me? I took it as a compliment/joke and hugged Harry's arm.