9+10 (21)

........

Harry Styles's POV
✦✧✦✧✦4.09k reads✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

I woke up on the couch and almost fell off, nearly scaring myself to death. My heart was unstable, thudding against my chest so hard I'm afraid it's going to burst out. Then what will I love Lilly with?

My soul, like all the cheesy quotes say? Ha, impossible. You can't love with your soul. Besides, I've been told before that I have no soul, that I'm just a worthless piece of shit. Well, my stepfather and regular father had told me that. But, in the great scheme of things, who cares about them? They're out of my life and they can stay the fuck out of my life.

I hated them. Both. One saw me as a nuisance and the other saw me as a threat. They both treated me like shit, nonetheless. I don't know what Mother even saw in either one of them.

Anyway, enough about my pathetic family tree. My phone was buzzing uncontrollably. I rolled my eyes and plucked it from the ground where I had left it last night after changing Lilly's contact name. The name 'Ed' in bold letters was strewn across the top of the screen with an answer and decline button at the bottom.

I groaned. I didn't feel like speaking to anyone on the telly right now. I pressed the answer button and held the phone to my ear. "Hello?" I greeted in my raspy morning voice, a trait about me that I disliked.

"Harry?" came the reply.

"Yeah, no shit sherlock, who else would it be?" I scoffed, sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

"What the hell, man?! You didn't see out the the plan, it was supposed to happen and you pu-"

"Oh shut up, Ed. She's too innocent. You don't know her like I do," I smooth down the material of my shirt, chuckling softly. "Nobody knows her the way I do."

"You can not tell me you have feelings for her? Are you joking, or being serious? What happened to the "stay up all night and party until drink ourselves to sleep" Harry? What happened to him, because I'd really like him to come back."

"I'm still the same person. Calm down, she's just-" Oh god, what do I say about her? "She's just another warm body." I roll my eyes, standing up and wandering to my kitchen.

"Wait, you two have...?"

"Yes, Ed." I lied straight through my teeth, and I smiled about it. "She's mine, I own her."

"Bullshit. You can't own somebody, Harry. You two have never even kissed, I bet." Ed's reply came fast like a torpedo.

"Oh, fuck you! Lilly will be with me and only ME! She belongs with me and I know how to treat her well! You can't be trusted, and I want to protect her from you because you're a blood sucking bastard!" I screamed into the phone, slamming my fist on the counter multiple times. I felt my anger level accede, my untamed breaths coming out in hot sputters.

"I knew you had feelings for the broad. You probably leaked the whole plan out to her, huh? You've gone soft Harry. Not only have you become a love drunken imbecile, but you've become completely derranged. I don't know what happened to you, old friend."

"Don't call me that. I'm not your friend after what you wanted to do with Lilly." I said, my fist still resting on the counter, my short nails digging marks into my skin.

"You were a part of the plan as well, so don't act all high and mighty." he said, hanging up after his final word.

Even though he had hung up, I continued to yell into the phone, wishing he would hear me. "Don't try to fucking touch her, Ed! I'm not kidding! Stay away from her!" I shouted, tears finding their way to my eyeballs. I blinked them away and threw my phone across the room, grumbling curse words under my breath as I shoved my arms into the leather jacket hanging by the door.