39

Shoutout:
Princess_sammie21

iamstypayhorlikson

_onedirection_x3

kileeeeeeee

larowemichelle

*~*~*~*~*~*
Lilly Kane's POV
✦✧✦✧20.30k reads✧✦✧✦
UNEDITED ×

"Nice to finally meet ya, lad." Zayn spoke in a cheery tone, outstretching his hand toward Liam.

Liam shyly took Zayn's large hand, giving it a firm shake. Niall was hyper, hardly able to stand still. It was adorable how reactive and happy he was around Liam.

"Good to see you again, Liam." I nodded at him. He smiled in response, glancing back at a confused Niall.

"You two know each other?" Niall asked in surprise. I nod again.

"Yeah. Things didn't really work out between Dawn and I ever since that night." Liam grimaced. I vividly remembered which night he was talking about. I pouted out my bottom lip and mouthed an "I'm sorry" in his direction. He shared a sympathetic smile with me before turning over to Niall.

"You've been working so hard here at the shoppe," Liam sighed, tracing the tip of his finger along the material of Niall's uniform. "I want to have dinner with you tonight."

They interlocked their fingers, causing Zayn and I to coo. "We will, babe. I just have to finish my shift, kay?" he pecked Liam's forehead before they pulled away.

"You can sit with us until Niall gets off his shift, yeah?" I offered, clasping my hand on his shoulder and giving it a gentle squeeze. He nodded and took a seat at our small round table.

-

Zayn's head was thrown back in laughter as he clutched his stomach. I cupped a hand over my mouth and tried to contain my laughter. I've come to a conclusion that Liam was definitely the funniest guy I know. Zayn wiped the pad of his thumb under his eye and sniffled.

"You're quite the comedian." Zayn smiled with content. Liam thanked him shyly and glanced away from his golden stare. I nodded in agreement. Niall came out from behind the cashier counter with an apron in his hand.

"Ready to go, babe?" he asks, ruffling his thin fingers through Liam's hair. He sent us a warm smile before waving us goodbye and leaving with Niall. Zayn took my hand in his as we left the coffee shoppe.

"They're a cute couple." he gushed, running the pad of his thumb over my palm. I opened the car door and before I could get in, a black car pulled up in the empty parking space beside us. The passenger side door swung open and a beautiful girl with short black hair climbed out.

Her bangs were pinned back, exposing her shining hazel eyes. She clutched her bag tightly and pursed her lips at me. The driver's door opened and my knees grew weak. None other than Harry Styles gets out of the car, a dark pair of shades in his hand. His green eyes met mine for a brief second until they were consumed with hatred.

I quickly glanced away and got into Zayn's car. I pulled the safety belt over my midsection and clicked it shut. I gasped when a large knuckle rasped on the window. I rolled the window down and frowned at dark eyes Harry. "So, this is where you ran off to?" he asked coolly, hiding his anger toward me.

"Go away," I seethed, biting my lip. "Your lady friend is waiting for you."

"Fuck.." he mumbled, slipping the shades onto his eyes. "Malik." he grimaced, offering a subtle wave. Zayn rolled his eyes and set large hand on my thigh, causing Harry to tense up. "You know, Lilly," Harry whispered, glancing back at his lady friend. "I still love you babe. More than anything."

My eyes grew blurry with tears and I squeaked quietly. "I-Harry-" I croaked, chewing on my bottom lip. "Please don't do this right now."

"Get the hell away from my car." Zayn calmly spoke although his face was slowly growing red with agitation.

"Just say you love me, too. And then I'll leave." Harry whispered, running his fingers through his thick curls. Zayn began to roll my window up, causing Harry to panic.

"Goodbye Harry." I mouthed to him, turning away. As we sped off, I could still hear the sobs coming from Styles.

-

"What was he saying to you? Any threats? Anything? I swear to G-"

"It was nothing, Zayn, I promise." I lied. I felt bad about lying to him, but at this point I had no other option. He nodded, finally snapping out of his jealous trance.

"I'm sorry," he suddenly mumbled. "It isn't any of my business what he said to you."

"You-It's fine, it's okay." I pressed two fingers to my temple, steadying my breathing.

We rode in silence and as we pulled up to the house, Zayn pecked the side of my head. "Come inside when you'd like." he nodded once before leaving the parked vehicle.

I sat in the car for a few moments, shutting my eyes and trying to process what had just happened. The first thing that crossed my mind was: who was that girl?

I was jealous and I hated it. She's soon going to realize what a fucking psychopath he is. I shook my head and steadied my ragged breathing before heading inside. I sat beside Zayn on the couch, and he was watching football (A/N: aka, soccer in America)

"Do you have a favorite team, darling?" he asked, placing a large hand on my knee.

"Oh, I, uh- I don't want football." I said quietly.

"That's fine," he chuckled and clicked the telly off. "Lilly, can I tell you something?"

"Of course." I hesitantly spoke. I was scared of what he was going to say. My heart began to race and my mind went fuzzy.

He sighed with relief and pressed his forehead to mine. What the hell is happening? Should I be concerned?

"I love you, Lilly, so much." he began to blush and pulled away. I grabbed his hand and smiled weakly.

"I love you too, Zayn." I lied directly to his face. And, I've never told a better lie.

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧