Chapter 1

NYC, the city for flashy broadways, exclusive shops, expensive apartments and high flying business tycoons is where the land of opportunity lies. Or so people think so.

To me it's the city for depression, unaffordable rent, unbearable traffic, screaming people, bustling roads and many more.

And in this concrete jungle lies one of the most world famous multi national technology companies, ATC. It's the same company where I'd been working for over four years, listening to the same morning chant as I was doing now.

"We are the face of the company" Our VP set herself on top of a chair and shouted. "We create the connection between the buyer and the seller. We promote the goods. Without us, the ATC is nothing"

"We are-" She raised her arms up "the marketing department!"

She gave out a war cry and everyone around her clapped warily, already exhausted with this utter nonsense.

"Gosh the second hand embarrassment I feel everyday for her. I can't-" Lexi shook her head.

"This is nothing new. Our VP is crazy" Brian yawned and stretched his arms up, getting ready for another busy working day.

"Other departments call us weirdos because of her" Lexi sat on her chair and I sat on mine, in between Lexi and Brian.

"The finance calls us the money wasting department" Brian mistakenly said it out too loud that the VP heard it from across the room.

She looked up and scowled. "That's because they are the nerds department Mr. Scott. Don't you ever dare utter such unholy words in here. I'll report you to the chief" She threatened and Brian looked down in embarrassment.

"Sorry ma'am"

"I told you she has super hearing" Lexi hissed next to me. "I swear she's not human. My money is on vampire"

"I heard werewolves have mates" Alan, who was sitting in front of us smirked. "Maybe I'm your mate sweetheart. We should fuck before the heat comes" Alan winked and I swear Lexi could've erupted into a pool of lava if I hadn't wrapped my arm around her shoulder.

"Lexi relax, chief is coming" I whispered seeing the chief walking out of the elevator.

Our Chief/CMO is the head of the marketing department and the only reason we are still sane. He's a nice guy and most importantly the only person who can tell our dearest VP to shut the hell up. Not that he ever says because- duh! he's a nice guy.

He's a man in his fifties and loves his family more than anything. His wife is also equally nice. She bakes us cookies, gives us gifts and even invites us to their anniversary parties every year.

"Good morning everyone" He came to a halt and gave us a big smile. "I see y'all already working very hard for the next campaign. Sorry if I disturbed you"

"Aww my heart is melting" Lexi kept a hand over her heart. "Why did he have to be 30 years older than me? Or else I would've married him"

"Love has no age" Brian whispered.

"Yes, but he is married" Lexi complained.

"I never said he isn't" Brian said more angrily.

Lexi leaned to the front and looked at Brian. "Why are you all fired up? Don't tell me you like an older woman. Is she married?"

"I don't like anyone-"

"Guy shut up" I hissed. "Chief is talking"

They shut their mouths and focused back on what the chief was saying.