Chapter 6

I knocked on the door but no response. I knocked again.

"You can go inside" I turned as Daniel spoke next to me.

"Okay" I hesitantly opened the door and walked in.

I was inside a large room with a leather couch in the middle and a coal black bookcase lining the entire left hand wall. In it were rows and rows of books about business and on either sides of it were two large plants protruding from it's marble pots.

At the front was a silver table with a laptop and a glass desk sign that read Ian's name and his position. Everything in here was neatly placed and for some reason I felt frightened. As I should be duh!

I trailed my eyes upward and saw Ian Kingston, standing in front of the glass wall, staring at the city below him.

I swallowed anxiously and slowly walked forward, stopping at the front of his desk.

"Hailey Evans, isn't it?" He asked with his cold steel voice.

"Yes, Mr. Kingston" I wiped my clammy hands on my pants and tried my best to sound normal.

"It seems I have made a mistake" He said reluctantly. "But you-" He turned. "without correcting it, used it for your own benefit" His voice came out as an insult and I felt deeply offended.

"Sir I-"

"Did I tell you to speak Miss Evans?" He raised a brow and I clamped my mouth shut.

"You made another person lose their job" He took several steps towards me. "You were selfish, arrogant and inconsiderate. Am I right, Miss Evans?

Hearing his insults, I took a sharp intake of breath to control myself from clawing at his face.

"Mr. Kingston" I forced a smile to my lips. "May I say a few words before you fire me?"

He leaned against his table and folded his arms across his chest. "Go on"

"You. Fucking. Asshole!" I bursted out and the corners of his lips twitched up into a smile. 

"You egotistical self centered piece of shit! How dare you accuse me of being selfish, arrogant and inconsiderate?" I strode forward and jabbed my finger on his chest. "You of all people"

Without getting irked by my words his smile widened and that only made my blood boil faster.

"You're the one who makes people lose  their jobs. You cause it. And you think you are a saint Ian Kingston?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Egotistical and self centered are synonymous" He answered.

I wrinkled my nose. "What?"

"They are synonyms"

"What does it have to do with anything?"

"There's no fun cussing in similar words" He smirked. "Say something else"

I blinked. Is he insane? "Okay. Umm you-you" I stuttered, searching for words. "Son of a bastard"

Ian laughed. "You mean, son of a bitch?"

"I don't want to curse your mother"

"Oh you'll want to in the future"

I frowned. What does that even mean?
I shook it off and continued.

"Anyways, before you called I was halfway through writing my resignation letter. So I'm not a selfish, arrogant and an inconsiderate person like you said. I'm much much much better" I pointed out. "And right now I have to go and finish it. So I'll leave" I turned around. "Bye! See you in hell"