Chapter 55

Dear brother,

I know you hate me for how I was to Alice but it was never my intention to hurt her. In truth, I did all of this so that I can protect her. But I will not use that as an excuse. I'm still to blame for every tear she shed, for every pain I caused you. I'm truly sorry Ian. I wish I could change everything but unfortunately that's not possible.

I have a lot to explain so I'll start from the beginning. I know you hated mother for how she treated me since we were small. But it was much worse when you had closed your eyes for the night. She would beat me, whip me, burn me. She took out her frustration on me. Later I found out that I'm not her child. I'm father's mistress's son. I hid it from you because I didn't want anything to be different between us. You were the only person who was kind and loving to me in that family and I didn't want to lose you.

My life was doomed the day I was born. And I knew it right away when the board members suggested that I take the next CEO position. I wanted to give it to you but you once told me you just needed to live a quiet life. And I couldn't take it away from you. So I accepted the position but since that day I had only faced hardships. The business world questioned me, pointed fingers at me all because of the articles that speculated about me. And I had a good idea who has done all that. Yet I didn't give up. So your mother, Elisa found another way to corner me. She forced me into a marriage but little did she know she gave me all the happiness in the world by doing that.

Over time I fell in love with Alice and Elisa noticed it, knew she made a mistake. It was a few months later that the CCTV footage was released. Lauren sent me a video saying she would sleep with our father so I went that day to stop her but she had already done it. So I took her away from the hotel before she could make more mistakes but I was foolish. I didn't know I walked right into a trap.

I wanted to prove I wasn't a cheater but at the same time I didn't want to destroy Lauren's reputation. I'm not that kind of a person. So I went back to the hotel to get any evidence that could prove I went to the hotel alone and came out in just a few minutes but nothing was there. Everything was erased. I was cornered, I was hated. Weeks later Alice got into an accident. I was drowned with grief but I had a feeling it wasn't just an accident. So I went hunting for the truth before anything could get erased, before anyone could be bought. That's why I couldn't come to the hospital.

And then I found out everything was done by Elisa and the SBS director Mark. Mark gained all the dirty secrets of other businessmen through her. She made him rich and he supported her in everything. Through SBS she cleared a path for you to become the CEO. She destroyed our rivals for you. But I didn't know she was capable of killing, hurting an innocent like Alice to destroy me and that was my biggest mistake. I underestimated her.

Thereafter I isolated myself in the studio fearing if I didn't, Alice would get hurt again. The evidence I found after the accident was all erased the next day, like I predicted, everyone witness was bought. I had no proof against Elisa. But one night Lauren called me, drunk. She confessed that she was told to sleep with our father by Elisa. Elisa had promised her that she would get me back if she did that. The next day I went to meet Lauren in a restaurant to ask her to help me but she refused. It was the time that the paparazzi captured our next photos. I thought I was being careful but Lauren had already told SBS I would be there. I was shackled yet again.

I had no proof and I knew if I didn't do anything Elisa would hurt the person I love the most. Even if I resign from the postion she would hunt me down because in her mind I'm always the barrier for your success. I can't have her hurt Alice so I set a trap myself that risks my life. And if you receive this letter that means I was successful.