Chapter 9

First I heard a chorus of gasps. Then the clicking sound of number of cameras.

And I saw everything because my eyes were wide open as Ian Kingston moved his mouth against mine, rendering me breathless. His tongue darted out trying to part my lips and then only did reality came crashing down to me.

Ian fucking Kingston is kissing me!!!

I tried to bring up my fist to slam against his chest but the space between us was too small to do that. I was pressed against him. As Ian found no sign of resistance he pulled me closer and deepened the kiss as more cameras clicked.

Failing to break apart, I harshly bit his lip and he pulled back.

"What the hell-" I burst out but he cut me off.

"People" He put an arm around my shoulder and turned to the media. "Meet my fiancé, Hailey Evans"

Loud cheers and applauses erupted from the crowd gathered around us. The guests started congratulating and the press sticked their out mics, asking endless questions that I had a hard time understanding.

I was too shocked to even do anything.

I slowly turned to my friends and saw the entire marketing department looking at me in bewilderment.

And the looks on my friends' faces, they were priceless.

"How long have you been dating him Miss Evans?" One reporter jumped in, blocking the view of my friends.

"Wha..." My jaw slacked. I was too shocked to even speak.

"We've been dating for three years" Ian answered and I looked at him in horror.

"How did you meet her?"

"I once met her at a club and then later on found out that she's an employee of mine" He smiled and looked down at me in adoration. "She's too pretty to go unnoticed. We talked and I guess-" He shrugged. "Love blossomed"

"Mr. Kingston this is the first time you spoke to the press and the first time any of us have ever seen you smile. Is she that special?"

"Very" Ian smiled at me and then glanced up at the press. "My fiancé is a bit shy in front of cameras. You may take a few photos and leave us"

Few is an understatement because they took gazillion of photos to the point I almost went blind. Realising the press wasn't going away the security came and forcefully ushered them out.

When they were gone I opened my mouth to speak but no sound came out. I opened my mouth again. "Wh-at a-re" But my voice cracked.

"You need a drink?" Ian asked me with a smirk on his lips and anger started to boil inside me at a tremendous speed.

"What the fuck" I yelled. "You fucking bastard" My eyes blazed with a vicious fire, yearning to kill everything that I set my eyes upon, which in here was a CEO.

"You-" I charged forward. "I'm going to kill you" I raised my hands up to claw his face but he grabbed my wrists and pulled me closer.

"Calm down Hailey" He leaned in and whispered in my ear. "Or I'll make sure you won't have a job for the rest of your life" Then he pulled back, giving me a sardonic smile.

I gaped at him in shock. "How-how dare you threaten me?"

"I told you there will be consequences"

"T-this is absurd" I stuttered. "You already have a fiancé" I whined and looked at Melissa over Ian's shoulder, who was now glaring at me. "Great. Now she looks like she wants to kill me"