Chapter 10

"Hailey open the door. Hailey"

I groaned and rolled in my bed, pulling my pillow closer.

"Hailey open the door"

More loud knocks came from the door and I groaned again. "Uhh go away"

"Hailey come out now!!!" My landlady screamed from the other side and I woke up looking startled.

"What?" I whined.

"Come out"

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and pulled the covers away. "So annoying" I grumbled and stood up, putting on my fluffy pink slippers.

I groggily walked over to the door and opened it. "What?"

She stood on the other side with an avacodo face pack on her face and hands on her hips. "I don't know what you've been up to these days but you better not bring me any trouble"

I wrinkled my nose. "What did I do to you?"

"Look out the window" She jerked her chin towards my window.

Yawning again I sauntered to the window and looked down. And my eyes almost popped out of my sockets.

Flocking the entrance of the house was the press. Holding cameras and mics, waiting till - till I COME!

"What the hell-"

"Did you murder someone?"

I snapped my head at the landlady. "What did you say?"

"Did you commit some crime? Or why else would the press be interested in a mediocre girl like you?"

I sniffled. "Okay now I'm low key offended"

"Whatever" She waved a dissmissive hand. "Take care of this or the next thing I'll do is throw you out of my house" She said as she walked away.

I looked back at the group of reporters gathered at the front step of the house. And only one thing came to my mind. Ian fucking Kingston, you are dead!

With every intention of killing him I checked the clock on my desk to go to work and almost killed myself seeing it.

I was already late and had only 15 minutes to get ready.

I dashed to the bathroom and did the quickest possible shower ever. Then changing into pants and a white shirt I swiftly brushed my hair and stormed down the staircase with my heels on my hands.

Then I did a mistake. I forgot the reporters and opened the damn front door.

Shit.

"Miss Evans can you tell us more about your relationship?"

"What is the exact date you met him?"

"When did he propose to you?'

The reporters started striding in through the front door, bombarding me with countless question.

"Miss Evans how is it like to date-"

"Oh my god! leave me alone" I began waving my heels like a weapon, trying to scare them away but they kept coming in.

"Marta!!! I screamed from the top of my lungs to my landlord. "Open the back door!!!"

"You come and open it. I'm not your servant"

"Oh for God's sake" I grumbled and ran to the kitchen. Seeing the press follow me I quickly grabbed the door knob and tried to open it but the door was locked.