Chapter 14

Instinctively the first thing that came to my mind was - Run!

I pushed him away and tried running past him but he grabbed my arm and hauled me back, slamming me against the glass wall.

"You're not running away fiancé" He whispered in my ear, his lips grazing my ear lobe. He pinned one arm on the wall beside me while keeping the other locked on my wrist, trapping me in as he pressed his body against mine. He leaned down and nuzzled his nose in my hair. "Hailey" He murmured in a husky tone, his eyes fluttering close as he inhaled my scent. "You smell so good" He purred.

"R-release me" I stuttered, my voice almost a whisper.

He stayed like that for a moment and landed a small kiss on my ear lobe before pulling away.

Then he grasped my hand. "Come. I'm too exhausted. Let's cook together"

"What-" But he started dragging me to the kitchen.

Ian came to a halt in front of the kitchen cabinet and opened it, taking a spaghetti out. "Let's settle for this today"

"That's it?" I asked in confusion.

"That's it what?"

"You are not gonna say anything about me breaking in?"

"Well-" Ian turned on the stove. "I'm impressed that you have many talents but very mad at the security here. How can I ask you to live here when anyone can just break in?" Ian poured water into the pot.

My eyes widened as hope began to bloom within me. "So you don't want me to live here anymore?"

Ian waited in silence till the water boiled and then put the spaghetti into it.

"No I want you to live here, that's not gonna change. But I have a complaint to file and ask Mr. Prescott to fire some people. And-" Ian pointed to a slotted spoon. "pass me that spoon please"

"You can't fire the security!" I exclaimed as I passed him the spoon. "They didn't do anything. It's... uhh it's not their fault that people who do illegal things are getting good at it" Really Hailey?

"What a poor excuse" He mumbled.

"Ian" I said more louder to get his attention. "You can't fire them. I'm the one who did wrong. I broke in. Punish me if you want to"

"It's your house too" He stirred the spaghetti. "So it's not technically breaking in"

I rolled my eyes heavenward. "Listen. This is not my house and you can't fire the security"

"This is your house and I will fire the security. Now please fetch me the sauce from there" He pointed to the fridge.

A muscle in my jaw twitched. I stayed there, glaring at him, my fists clenching at my sides. Ian smirked while stirring the spaghetti and I lost it. "Uhh you're so annoying" I opened the fridge and took the sauce out. "Here's your stupid sauce" I gave it to him and huffed angrily.

Ian chuckled. "You get angry very easily"

"Happy realisation"

"Come and help me cook"

"No thank you"

"Just come"

"You realise that has a double meaning right?"

"I know and I'll say that to you in that way someday"

I scoffed in disbelief, keeping a hand over my heart "My God this guy's crazy"

"Just come"

"Stop saying that" I screamed and Ian couldn't stop laughing.

I stomped over to him angrily. "Give that to me" I grabbed the spoon in fury and helped him cook the spaghetti. The entire time Ian kept glancing at me and every time I gave a him a death glare in return.