Chapter 11

"You're fired" Ian said with ice lacing his tone.

Melissa leaned on one foot and folded her arms across her chest. "You can't fire me"

Ian narrowed his eyes and looked at Daniel for answers. And Daniel was literally sweating. "Umm..." He pulled on his collar. "Chairman sent her"

Suddenly, Ian slammed his fist on the table making me jump back in shock. "Say it again" He spat, his nostrils flaring in anger.

All the colour drained out of Daniel's face and he looked down in guilt. "I'm sorry, I couldn't stop her"

Melissa smirked and her eyes traveled to me.

"So this is her" She approached me and plucked a leaf out of my hair. "The bitch who seduced my fiancé"

"I think you're mistaken. It did not happen that way. But I can give you advices on how to get him back-

"Whatever trick your pulling on him-" She stepped forward. "It's not gonna work for that long. I'm here and I will take him back"

"Oh please" I grinned. "He's all yours" I tittered and glanced at Ian, expecting to see him scowling at me but his eyes were fixed on Melissa, filled with hatred and malice.

Melissa glared at me and turned to the door. "All right, bring it in"

Four men walked in, dragging a table and a chair with them.

"What's going on?" Daniel asked in shock.

Melissa shrugged. "I'm moving my table here"

Ian's jaw tightened, his fists clenching at his side, turning his knuckles white. He grimaced and muttered a curse under his breath before storming out of the room in fury.

"You can't move in here" Daniel snapped. "In ATC, PAs don't stay inside the CEO's office. Move your table out"

"Then her?" Melissa pointed to me. "She gets to stay inside and whore?"

"Excuse me?" I scrunched up my nose. "I'm a hard working employee in the marketing department, which by the way is 20 floors down. So I'm not staying here and I definitely don't whore" I turned around. "Bye. Go get your man back. Then go to hell" I strode out and popped my head back from the door. "And don't forget to take him with you"
...

It was near lunch- no it was lunch time but our VP was not letting us go.

"Do not dare move from your seat. You understand me?" She stood in the middle of the room with her hands on her hips and bellowed. "Our deadline is tomorrow. None of you can go home without finishing your work. And no lunch today"

Somebody give me money to file a law suit. Well I got several law suits to file-

She slammed a file on her desk and everyone winced at the sound. "I'm telling this specially for the ones who came late today"

Shit. I bent my head low pretending I wasn't here. 

"I don't care who you are engaged to or who you are married to. In here it's my rule and only I rule. It doesn't matter if you have any personal connections to the boss or not. You do what I say"

My god. I couldn't even look at the VP. I had my head bent so low that I thought my keyboard would swallow me up.

"Actually ma'am" Alan raised a finger up. "It's not just the boss but actually your boss's boss"

You die today Alan.

"Mr. Brown" VP clenched her fists at her sides. "Just shut up and do your work!"