Chapter 22

Sunlight streamed through the gap in the curtains, falling directly on my face. I groaned sleepily and snuggled closer into the pillow, pulling the sheets up to cover my face. But the sudden coldness I felt that hadn't been there last night forced me to open my eyes.

The first thing I spotted was a crack on ceiling, traveling down the wall to the door. Then thin curtains and a cream wallpaper. In confusion I sat up straight and looked around, noticing everything around me was unfamiliar.

I pulled the covers away to stand up on my feet but then gasped loudly seeing the cloth on my body. It was a man's shirt. It was Ian's shirt!

Suddenly all of yesterday's memories came reeling back to me and my gaze instantly fell on to the bed beside me. But it was empty. No sign of Ian. I threw the pillow away to see if his wallet or phone was under but no. Both of them were gone.

Then another gasp escaped my lips as realisation dawned upon me.

He left me. That asshole left me in the middle of nowhere.

"Fuck!" I slammed my fist against the bed and was about to scream when the door flew open.

"You're awake" Ian walked in, wearing a brown trenchcoat over a black turtle neck sweater. He had black shoes on with a coffee in one hand and a bag in the other. This was the most casual I'd ever seen him and he was looking drop dead gorgeous. Perfection. Hella hot. Too hot. Damn hot. Definition of handsome-

"Don't stare"

"What?" I glanced up. 

"Don't stare. This isn't my best choice of clothing and I'm already embarrassed"

My jaw fell open. "Are you serious? You look-" shut up Hailey shut up. You don't need to boost his ego. "I mean-" I cleared my throat. "Why did you leave me?"

"I didn't leave you" He approached the bed and sat on it. "I went to get these" He gestured to the cup of coffee and the bag.

"What's in there?" I asked, jerking my chin towards the bag.

"Clothes for you" Ian handed me the bag and I opened it. Inside were a pair of white pants and v neck long sleeve black top. 

"Not my best choice of clothes either"

I smiled. "I love it"

"Thank God" Ian exhaled in relief and I chuckled.

"Where did you get them?"

"I asked Daniel to bring them"

My eyes widened. "He's here?"

Ian nodded. "Our escort is ready. Get dressed. I'll wait outside" Ian stood up and walked out the door, closing it after him.

Changing out of Ian's shirt I got dressed into the new clothes he brought. I raked my fingers through my hair and tidied  myself before walking out. Ian stood waiting, leaning against the wall, drinking his coffee.

"Here, your shirt" I extended the bag to him.

"Keep it" He straightened up and began walking down the stairs.

"What would I do with your shirt?"

"Wear it when you miss me"

I scoffed. "You're insane to the point that-" I came to an abrupt halt seeing three black cars parked in the driveway with Daniel standing in front of the middle one.

"Are those all here to escort us?"

Ian nodded.

"Why three cars?"