Chapter 56

I sat on a wooden bench in the beach, my feet digging into the bronze sand and my hair blowing to the breeze humming past my ear. Moonlight twinkled on the rolling waves, the stars above aglow.

I closed my eyes and inhaled the salty air, the rustling of palm leaves nearby a lullaby. It has been a few months since Elisa was arrested but the internet was still flooding with the case.

Elisa was a monster. She had used SBS from the beginning to clear a path for Ian. She corned Nathan and killed him for Ian. She blackmailed the chairman using the SBS director for Ian. She did everything for her son but never cared about what her son truly wanted. She claimed she did everything for love but no, it wasn't love. It was obsession.

She was obsessed with his succession but truly she only wanted to take control of every aspect of his life, even his marital life, first by bringing Melissa and then by using Isaac to frame me. Who knows how I would've ended up if she still walked free?

It was all thanks to Nathan's clever mind that such a monster and her accomplice was put behind bars. He was a true hero, to sacrifice his life so that his loved ones may live. But my heart still aches for him and Alice. To do everything for love but end up losing each other, I can't even bear that thought.

Leonard's trials were still on going. He's trying to slip through but considering the direction where the trials were headed to, it wouldn't be possible.

After we found that video all doubts I had was cleared. That day when Leonard tried to kill me many things he said made me doubt him. He only talked about being removed from the chairman position. It was the only thing he was afraid of and not of jail time like I expected him to be after suspecting he killed Nathan. And now I understand why but he ruined it all by trying to kill me. That day he told me Nathan wasn't privileged like Ian and that was why he was dead. He knew his wife had done something to his son yet he kept quiet for the sake of his position. But after seeing the video of Elisa ordering Mark to take him out too, he spilled everything of their past, of the abuse Nathan suffered behind closed doors and Ian sobbed in my shoulder for hours after that trial. It was truly heartbreaking.

The trials were a blow to Ian. It truly broke him so we stopped going after the first few and it took a great amount of convincing from both me and Alice to stop him from blaming himself.

He was well now but the scars still remain and I knew they would remain forever but at least the monsters are where they are supposed to be. Rotting in prison and they won't be back to hurt or control anyone ever again. That thought made me sag my shoulders in relief.

"What are you thinking?"

I opened my eyes and Ian appeared before me in his blue linen shirt and white pants which he willingly wore but still continued to complain why clothes of such colours exist.

"I'm thinking about your blue eyes"

His lips twitched up and he cocked a brow. "You still want to steal my eyes sweetheart?"

I nodded.

Ian bit his lip to hide his grin and he kept one hand on the bench beside my head and leaned down. "Shame you can't have them but-" He placed his other hand on my lower stomach. "The ones who will be here in the future will have them"

I gasped but couldn't help the laugh itching to come up my throat. I swatted his hand. "Go away, shoo" Ian smiled and straightened up.

He held out his hand. "Come with me"

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see"

I groaned. "Not this again"