Nightmares

@6BlackWidow9 this chapter is for you! Thank you so much for the wonderful suggestion! I hope it lives up to your expectations! 

3rd person POV

    The scene in front of him was nothing but darkness. Then suddenly it felt like something was falling on his head. Like grains. Suddenly the world around him twisted, and he felt like he was falling, landing in a pile of sand, almost sinking into it. Pulling himself out, he reached out in front of him, feeling a cold glass greeting his fingers. More grains fell on him and when he looked up he realized where he was. He was trapped in an hourglass. The grains that had been falling on him had been sand. As if that wasn't enough to send him into a panic, when he began pounding on the glass in an attempt to break it he caught a glimpse of his wrists.

    The cuffs were back.

    They were clasped onto his wrists so tightly that they looked to be cutting into his skin. Matter of fact his entire outfit had seemed to change (The image above) but he didn't have time to focus on that as the amount of sand falling on him increased.

    His moment of confusion  quickly and fear grew greater as he heard a sickening laugh echo around him from the darkness. 

    "You'll be mine soon little genie. Soon I'll have my revenge."

 ----------------------

    Xavier bolted up from where he was resting, accidentally elbowing Jay as he did so.

    "Ow babe what's the matter?" Jay asked, also having woken up.

    "Nothing," Xavier responded, feeling slightly guilty for waking him, "It's nothing. Just a nightmare."

    "A nightmare?" Jay asked, putting a comforting arm around his boyfriends shoulders, "Do you want to talk about it?"

    "Not really talk about it, I kind of want to make sense of it." 

    "Can you tell me what happened?"

    Xavier thought for a moment before nodding and explaining it to him. Jay listened quietly before speaking.

    "I'm sure it's nothing my dear. That's not going to happen." Jay told him

    "Yeah your probably right." Xavier responded, nodding and leaning against Jay's chest.

    "I always am, my love," Jay stated, placing a kiss on his head, "Although is the outfit you had on a possibility?" 

    "Jay!" Xavier teasingly exclaimed, swatting his arm.

    "What it's a fair question." Jay replied, laughing, before leaning in close and whispering, "And you would look ravishing dressed like that."

    A deep blush spread across Xavier's face as he swatted him again, "Not right now you flirt." 

    Jay let out a small laugh as he held Xavier close, both of them sitting in a comfortable silence as they looked out the window, watching the scenery as they passed. After a long moment the bus finally slowed to a stop and the Fairy godmother rose to her feet.

    "Alright children we've arrived."

Alright That's it for this chapter. As you may have noticed I've tried out a different POV style. Let me know if you like the third person, or you would prefer the first-person POV's again. Anyway the next chapter will be out within the week so stay tuned for that!