The Physical stuff is done, time for Emotional Damage

"Set him down here," One of the nurses said, gesturing to the bed before turning to another one, "Get him hooked up to a heart monitor while I try to clean these wounds."

Jay nodded, setting Aziz down on the bed and pulling away to give him space. Or at least he would if Aziz wasn't gripping onto his wrist like it was his lifeline. He was awake, but barely, and it was clear he wasn't all there. There was a red tint in his eyes, most likely a result of whatever Jafar had done. It wasn't clear before, but now in the better lighting, he could see the red perfectly.

He'd tried to get answers out of Xavier about what had happened before they got there, but he had refused to give an answer. Aziz sure as hell wasn't in any condition to tell them anything.

"Should we get his parents?" Jay asked, glancing at Xavier.

"I don't think that'd be the best idea," He said, "I doubt they'd want to see their son like this and besides, does he look like he's in any state to talk to them?"

He had a point. So far, Aziz hasn't said much, and the things he did say weren't things a parent should hear from their possibly dying child. But then again...

"Xavier, you didn't see them," Jay told him, softly to try and not worry Aziz, "They're beside themselves with worry. The sultan was barely able to hold himself together."

"Jay, we don't know if he's going to survive," Xavier whispered, looking worriedly at Aziz, "I can barely keep his heart beating, and he's lost so much blood."

"I think they'd rather see their son alive rather than seeing his corpse later."

"I can still hear you," Aziz forced out.

He was looking up at the both of them, still looking dazed, not completely there in the head, but there was something behind his eyes that concerned the both of them.

"Sorry," Xavier mumbled, "We shouldn't be talking about this over you."

"Please don't get my parents," Aziz pleaded weakly, "Please, I don't want to worry them."

"They're already worried," Jay told him.

At that moment, they finally finished hooking up the monitor. The heartbeat was steady and as close to normal as Xavier was able to make it. After a moment, the doctor mumbled something to Xavier, and he nodded, pulling his hand away slowly. The line on the monitor dropped almost immediately, Aziz's eyes fluttering shut under him. He could see the consciousness slipping away from him as the grip he had on Jay loosened.

Jay could barely process the hands on him, guiding him out of the room as the nurses rushed to get his heart steadily beating again, bandaging the gashes and cuts littering his body. The doctor ushered both Jay and Xavier out of the room.

"We'll do the best that we can," He said, shutting the door.

----------

The next time Aziz woke up, the pain had faded a little. It was still there, still very much present, just less intense than it used to be. His leg had been wrapped. So, he was right, it was actually broken. His ribs were wrapped up too. The bright lights hurt his eyes, causing a small groan and for him to shut his eyes again.

"Aziz?" A voice said next to him, a gentle hand being placed on top of his, "Oh, thank Allah you're alive!"

Aziz turned his head, opening his eyes again and seeing his mother sitting next to his cot, his father standing close behind her. They had been crying, tears were still streaming down his mother's face.

"How long was I out for?" He asked, wincing when he heard how gravely his voice sounded.

"Nearly four days," His father told him, "They told us you might not wake up." 

"Four days?" Aziz asked, his eyes wide, "Four days."

"I know it's a shock, Aziz," Aladdin told him, taking a seat next to Jasmine, "Can you tell us what you remember from what happened?"

"Did Xavier not tell you?" Aziz asked, tilting his head.

"He did," Jasmine said, "But he mentioned you said some things that truly do concern us."

"What did I say?"

He truly didn't remember much. Everything was a messy blur in his head.

His parents exchanged a look between each other before Jasmine spoke.

"Did you honestly think we wouldn't care if you died?"

Her voice broke as she asked it. As if even suggesting that she could have lost her son caused her physical pain. Aladdin put a hand on his wife shoulder, but she paid him not mind, keeping her eyes on her son.

"Aziz, answer me," She said sternly, "Did you honestly think that?"

Aziz lowered his gaze, not being able to bring himself to look at his parents as he nodded slowly. He flinched lightly as he heard a sob escape his mother, her hand tightening around his.

Had he actually said that? He was thinking it, sure, but the fact that he actually allowed those thoughts to leave his mouth? Fuck, what else had he said?

"Aziz, look at me," He heard his father order, sounding just as, if not more, devastated than his mother, "Please."

Aziz hesitated, not wanting to see the looks on his parents faces, before he turned again looking up, tears escaping his own eyes.

"I don't know why you thought that," Aladdin started, reaching over and brushing his tears away, "I don't know what you heard, but you're still our son Aziz. You're our child. Of course, we'd care if you died."

"I'm sorry," He forced out, trying to keep his voice as level as he possibly could.

"No, we're sorry," His mother told him, "We made you feel like that. You have nothing to apologize for, do you understand?"

Aziz nodded, not trusting his voice as his mother's arms wrapped around him, hugging him to the best of her abilities without hurting him. 

"Can you remember much else of what happened?" Jasmine asked when she had pulled away.

Aziz shook his head a little before he paused.

"I can remember some things Jafar had said to me," He said, not exactly wanting to bring up Jay.

"We won't make you say anything yet," Aladdin told him, "We'll get a doctor, and we'll get you something to eat, ok?"

Aziz nodded, his eyes feeling heavy again.

"Rest, Aziz, we'll wake you in the morning."