You're Going To Be Ok

In which Jay is finally able to calm down with his boyfriend, relax, and actually process what it would mean if the DNA results come back the way he expects them to.

Xavier leaned against Jay's chest,  absentmindedly flipping through the pages of a book, letting out a soft sigh as Jay's fingers ran through his hair. 

"How long do you think the tests are going to take?" Jay asked, breaking the silence.

"I'm not really sure," Xavier hummed, "But I think a week or so?"

Jay nodded, though it was clear he was still pretty tense.

"You're worried," Xavier said, glancing up at him, "What's wrong?"

"I know there's no reason for me to think otherwise," He started, "But what if Aziz was wrong?"

"At this point, I highly doubt it," Xavier said, "But if it does come down to it, then it would probably be an honest misunderstanding."

"An honest misunderstanding?" Jay asked, "You really think they'll call it that?"

"They're very understanding people, Jay," Xavier told him, "You'll be fine."

"You know, I've heard that phrase so many times, it almost doesn't sound legit," Jay told him, leaning forward and nuzzling his face in Xavier's neck, "Although, coming from you, it does sound better."

"I'm glad you find me comforting," Xavier hummed, "Are you prepared, though? For when it comes out that you are actually their son?"

"I don't know," Jay sighed as Xavier felt his arms tighten around his waist, "Honestly, I haven't even gotten used to life in Auradon yet and finding out that I'm royalty? Finding out that my parents are Aladdin and Jasmine? It's just so much."

Xavier turned around in Jay's arms so that he was facing him, cupping Jay's face in his hands.

"Hey, Jay, you're going to be alright," Xavier said softly, "I'm not going to pretend I know what you're feeling right now, and I'm not going to act like you'll be ok right away, but you don't have to jump right into this new life. They'll let you take your time."

"Xavier, I can't act like a prince," Jay said, shaking his head, "I can't be a prince. I know I won't actually have the crowned prince title, that's Aziz's and I won't take it from him, but do you think I can actually be a part of a royal family?"

"Jay, I promise you're going to be alright," Xavier said, "You won't have all of it thrown on you at once. They're most likely going to ease you into it. Hell, the public probably won't even know until you're ready."

"You really think I'll be ok?"

"I know you will."