Attempted Rescue

Aziz slipped back into unconsciousness around the seventh blow, his body falling limp on the ground as concerning amounts of blood escaped him. His body was covered in bruises and cuts, but two particularly deep gashes on his head and collar respectively were what was causing Xavier the most concern. He was sure they were going to leave scars when they got out of there.

If they got out of there.

With the amount of blood Aziz was loosing and how Jafar had beaten him, how he was continuing to beat his unconscious body, Xavier wasn't too confident that Aziz would be alive if they got out of there. Suddenly, Jafar stopped, turning towards the entrance of the cave, before he followed whatever sound was made down there.

Xavier took the distraction as an opportunity to try and break the bars. He kept his attention on his friend, who was barely breathing. Fuck, was he even breathing? The bars eventually broke against the blue glow his hands produced, and Xavier rushed over to him, kneeling beside his friend.

"Aziz?" He asked softly but urgently, "Aziz, wake up. Come on, wake up, don't die."

When Aziz didn't respond (of course he didn't, how could he?) Xavier leaned down, putting his ear against his chest, trying to listen for a heartbeat as he felt around for his pulse. Eventually he found it. It was faint, but it was something.

He put a hand on his chest, using his magic to keep his heart beating the best he could. There were voices on the other end of the cave. Familiar voices that he recognized well as Mal and Jay. From what he could hear, they were going for diplomacy, but he wasn't paying much attention to them.

"I'm not going to let you die," He had whispered, "You understand me? You're not going to die here."

Xavier could feel a shift under his hand, his chest rising and falling with shallow breaths. Suddenly there was a bright flash where the voices had come from. He could hear yelling and for a split second he considered rushing to go help them.

But he couldn't just leave his friend there to bleed out.

There was some yelling from the other end of the cave, and Xavier could pick out footsteps rapidly approaching them. Eventually they stopped a few feet from them and Xavier could see Jay crouching in front of him.

"Is he in a state where he can move him?" He asked, looking down at Aziz.

"I don't know," Xavier said, tears brimming his eyes, "Jay, his heart is barely beating."

"Hey, Xavier, don't cry," Jay said, cupping his face, "Mal's keeping my dad busy for now, so let's focus on getting him out of here."

"Alright," Xavier said with a nod, "I'm keeping his heart beating the best I can, can you lift him?"

Jay nodded, slipping his arms under the prince's body in an attempt to get a good grip on him. 

"There's so much blood," He mumbled, eye's locking on the head wound, "Do you have a rag or something?"

"What?"

"A rag. We need to put pressure on it," Jay said, "That is, unless we want him to bleed out."

Xavier nodded, grabbing a stray cloth on the ground and pressing it against Aziz's head, keeping the pressure on it firm as Jay lifted him up. Aziz took a sharp breath, eyes shooting open as he tried to thrash out of Jay's grip.

"Fuck, Aziz, calm down!" Jay exclaimed, trying to keep him still, "We're trying to help, you're making your condition worse."

"Put me down," He forced out, his voice slurred like he wasn't all there, "I can walk, put me down."

"No, you can't," Jay said firmly, "Aziz you're bleeding pretty bad and looking at the state that you're in right now, I doubt you can walk."

"Jay I'm-"

"Don't say you're fine," Jay snapped.

"He's right, Aziz, you can barely stay conscious, let alone walk," Xavier cut in, "Just listen to your brother and hold still."

Jay didn't have much time to process what Xavier had said, as Aziz went unconscious again and went limp.

"His hearts slowing," Xavier said, "Jay-"

"I know," He snapped as another flash of light came, "Fuck, Xavier watch him I have to help Mal."