Agrabah Squad Bonding

Jay could hear muffled voices on the other side of the door as he approached. It sounded like three people were in the room, talking quietly to each other. Well, two people were talking, Jay couldn't pick out Aziz's voice. He tried the doorknob, and when he found it was unlocked, he nudged the door open.

In the room, Aziz was sitting up, Xavier's hands hovering over his ribs with a cool blue light hovering over him. Jesna was sitting at the end of the bed, talking softly to Aziz, seemingly trying to ask him how his recovery had been going. Aziz didn't really seem to want to respond, his biggest reaction being a small shrug.

"What are you three up to?" Jay asked, shutting the door and slipping over to the bed.

"Xavier wanted to see if he could speed up the healing process," Aziz said, "I think it's working, it doesn't hurt as much anymore."

"Why just his ribs?"

"Mom and Dad have been using it as an excuse as to why he isn't allowed to go back to Auradon," Jesna said, "So we're fixing up his ribs, so he won't be all alone tomorrow when we leave."

"I don't see why your parents haven't called any of my family in yet," Xavier commented, "Djin's can heal people. Well, minor things, that is."

"Broken bones are minor?" Jay asked, tilting his head.

Xavier nodded. "I'm sorry I couldn't do this sooner Ziz," He said quietly, "I should have been able to fix you in the cave."

"I was dying, Xavier," Aziz said, putting a hand over his, "I think we both know that my injuries were way outside what you would be able to fix."

"How's your head?" Jesna asked, tracing her fingers along the bandages wrapped around his head, "The doctors said you lost a lot of blood up there."

"It looked worse than it was," Aziz said with a shrug, "It hurt a lot, though."

"Yeah, being hit with that scepter hurts," Jay mumbled, turning Aziz's head to observe the wound there himself, "At least it's not bleeding as terribly anymore."

"Jesna said you were looking for my parents," Aziz said as Jay picked up a roll of bandages to replace the current ones, "Why?"

"Don't worry too much," Jay said, removing the bandages, "They just needed something for the DNA test."

"I think it's safe to say you're coming to back Auradon with us tomorrow," Jesna said, looking at Jay expectantly.

Jay gave a small nod, tying off the bandage and stepping back.

"There you do," Xavier said, pulling his hands away, "How are you feeling?" 

"It doesn't hurt anymore," Aziz said, pressing a hand against his ribs, "Thank you."

"Anytime," He hummed, "Want me to fix up your leg?"

"You don't have to," He said with a shrug.

Jay nudged Xavier, and he got to work on fixing up his leg.

"I'm not going to leave you alone here, I hope you know that," Jay said, "You're coming back with us."

"I'm not complaining," Aziz said with a small smile, "You know if Xavier can't fix my leg all the way, you're going to have to cover my spot on the team."

"Ugh, Xavier fix him," Jay said, "I don't want to deal with that."

"I'll do what I can," Xavier said with a grin, "How are you going to explain these injuries away, Ziz?"

"Well, that depends on if the media knows," Aziz said with a shrug as he glanced over at his sister.

"They have no idea," Jesna said, "Mom and Dad have been keeping them in the dark. They've been curious, but they haven't told the media anything."

"So I'm in the clear to just not explain it?" Aziz asked.

"I mean, you could always act like you can't speak English," Jesna said with a small grin, "It worked well enough the first time."

"Yeah, it worked up until Chad and Ambrose decided to fuck around with me," Aziz said rolling his eyes, "I'd probably still be playing that card now."

"Mom and Dad would have brought you back to Agrabah for private studies," Jesna deadpanned.

Aziz sighed.

"You acted like you couldn't speak English?" Jay asked at the same time Xavier said, "Ambrose was fucking with you?"

"Yeah, I didn't wanna talk to people," Aziz said with a small shrug, "And yeah, Ambrose and Chad thought they just do what they wanted to me because I couldn't talk to anyone about it."

"I think Harry used to do that," Jay said offhandedly, "Kind of. He could speak English, but his accent was so strong, and he'd play it up, so people couldn't understand him, and they'd leave him alone."

"Who's Harry?" Jesna asked curiously.

"He's Captain Hook's son," Jay said dismissively.

"He's your ex, right?" Aziz asked.

"Regrettably," Jay sighed, "He was crazy. Like actually crazy."

"Sounds like Aziz's type," Xavier said rather bluntly.

"Excuse me?"

"No, no, Ziz, he's right," Jesna said holding up a hand, "He used to date some kid from wonderland, what was his name again? Oscar?"

"Ozzy," Aziz corrected.

"Right. He was the Cheshire cat's kid, a real interesting little character," Jesna told him.

"That might just be a wonderland thing," Jay said with a shrug, "I know that the Queen of Hearts had a few kids, not sure on their name but like they were pretty crazy."

"Yeah, it probably is," Aziz said with a small shrug, "I'm really tired."

"Alright Ziz, you get some rest," Xavier said, standing up, "One of us will come check on you later."