Maybe it's for the best

Xavier moved down the hallway as quickly as he could manage, making his way straight to his sister's room. Sure, maybe he should have actually gone to Ben like he said he was going to, he did have a lot of things to catch up on. And he was sure that Aziz was sort of expecting him to be there as well, but the thought of being around Jay or anyone else right now made the lump in his throat grow. 

When he finally reached the door, he didn't bother knocking, opening it and slipping inside with ease. Jordan was sitting on her bed, flipping through her textbook, while Gigi looked as if the sudden intrusion had woken her up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes as she took in her younger brother.

"Xavier?" She asked, causing Jordan to look up from her book, "Hey, what's wrong-"

She was cut off suddenly by Xavier rushing forward, hugging her tightly as he finally allowed the tears to fall. 

"Oh, hey, Avi, you're ok," She said, gently rubbing his back as he cried, "You're gonna be ok."

"Oh, darling what happened?" Jordan asked, a shift in the bed signaling that she had come to join them.

Xavier couldn't seem to find the words, the sobs overpowering anything that he could have wanted to say. Maybe he was being dramatic, it wasn't that big of a deal but right now, he couldn't do anything but cry. 

"Who was he with recently?" Gigi asked, the question directed at Jordan. 

"He was with Aziz most likely," Jordan told her, pulling Xavier close to her, "The only other person I could imagine him being around that would but him in this state is-"

"Jay," Gigi finished, "Xavier what did Jay do to you? Did he hurt you?"

Xavier shook his head, collecting himself enough to sit up properly and wiping tears away from his eyes.

"He broke up with me," Xavier mumbled, a blush rushing to his face after hearing how stupid he sounded.

Seriously? He was crying and a mess over this?

"Oh sweetie it's ok," Jordan said, putting her hand over his, "Maybe it was for the best."

"Do you know why?" Gigi asked, "Did he tell you why?"

"He said all he's done is hurt me. I didn't even know he was still thinking about the love spell or the start of our relationship or-"

"You haven't thought about it?" Gigi asked, "Are you sure you're so ok with him after all of that."

"He changed, and we're happy!" Xavier insisted, faltering a bit, "Or, I thought we were... did I do something wrong?"

"Oh sweetie, you're gonna be ok," Jordan said, "You didn't do anything wrong, everything is going to be ok."

"I thought it was all going ok," He mumbled, allowing his sisters to pull him in for another hug, "I thought we were happy..."

"Oh honey, you're still young," Jordan said, "There are plenty of other boys that you could be with, maybe it's best that it's... not him."

"You're only saying that because you hate him."

"I'm saying that because it's true," Jordan said, rubbing his back, "You're going to be ok, darling. You know, Ben's been looking for you. You have stuff to catch up on."

"Right..." He muttered trailing off, "I think I should go find him."

"I think I need to go chat with Jay," Gigi said, "Dumping you like this out of nowhere, It's unacceptable."

"Please don't," Xavier said, getting off the bed, "I don't think I want to see him for a while. I think I just need a break."

"Take as much time as you need," Jordan said, standing with him, "And if you need anything at all, we'll be here for you ok?"

"I know," He said with a nod, "I have to go."

"Good luck Xavier," Jordan said giving him one final hug before leaving.