Head Injuries and Unfortunate Memories

Above I have a not exactly finished drawing of Harry and Aziz, so uh, maybe that'll be a thing also ignore any inconsistencies involving whether Jay or Aziz was older because I like this better-

The Sultana was inconsolable. That's what Aziz could remember most of after that night. Four years old, listening to his mother's sobbing for his older brother. Aladdin had barely been home, searching relentlessly for their lost child, leaving him and his sister alone with their grandfather.

Aziz was young, he couldn't remember everything that happened in the immediate days that followed. He knew how it effected them years later, though. It took months for them to even find the strength to look at their other children. To pause the manhunt long enough to be around them. They were protective after. More than the usual parent would be. Aziz didn't think he left the palace's walls until he was at least 14.

He could remember some things that they'd said when they thought Aziz couldn't hear them. They had thought he was too young to understand them.

He understood to an extent.

He understood when his parents wished it was him who was taken instead.

They were never vocal about it to his face, but it was clear enough. Aziz wasn't blind.

He wasn't sure if those feelings ever went away, either.

"Why did it have to be him?" His mother had asked one night, only two years after his brother's disappearance.

Her voice was soft, the tears obvious in her voice. She sounded like that much too often now.

"Why couldn't it have been-"

Aziz didn't usually make a habit out of eavesdropping, but he stopped to listen anyway.

"Jasmine," His father had said firmly, "Don't even go there."

"You mean to tell me you've never wished the same?" Jasmine asked.

"You'd rather Aziz have been taken instead?" Aladdin asked, "Would you not be as devastated if it had been him?"

"No," She said simply, "No I wouldn't."

"Aziz, come on, wake up," A voice called, sounding distant.

He could feel a throbbing in his head, as he slipped in and out of consciousness.

"What the hell did you do to him?"

His father had come into his room later that night and held him. He didn't talk about what his mother had said earlier, but he did tell him how much he was loved. He made sure his son knew he cared about him and that his mother, although desperate, loved him too.

He wasn't all that sure he believed it, though.

"Oh dear, I must've hit him harder than I thought," Another voice said, feigning sympathy.

The pain in his head was more present now, more intense than it had been before. He could feel arms around him, holding him up as he tried to force his eyes open.

"Fuck, Aziz, come on, wake up," The first voice, closer now, hissed, sounding almost desperate, "Your parents are going to fucking kill me, wake up."

Aziz managed to finally force his eyes open, being met with the blurry face of Xavier leaning over him.

"Oh god, Aziz, you're bleeding," he said, fingers hovering over the spot on the side of his head, streaming with blood, "Hold still, I'll fix you right up-"

Xavier was cut off by a blast of red hitting him, throwing him back against the wall. Before he could get back up, spikes burst from the ground, trapping the genie in place.

"Not so cocky now are you?" Jafar asked, grabbing the dazed boy's face, "Well never mind that. Pretty soon, that little head injury will be the least of your worries."