Xavier's Brother

Disney and I can see eye to eye on one singular thing, and it's killing off the mothers. Anyway, very sorry to Xavier, only not really.

Unknown: I know dads still mad at me, I'm sure you are too, but I really have missed all of you so much. How have you all been holding up?

Xavier had to have read that text hundreds of times. It was a prank. It had to be a prank, there was no way it was actually his brother. His brother was on the Isle. There was no way for him to be in contact with him. The Isle didn't have Wi-Fi, no signal to the outside. 

It wasn't Ghauth. It couldn't be.

He glanced over at Aziz, who had fallen asleep on his shoulder moments before, hoping he didn't wake up as he responded who, whoever the hell it was.

Xavier: If this is a prank, it isn't funny.

His mind was swarmed with who it might be. No one really knew of his older brother, he was always travelling with their father while Xavier, Gigi, and Jordan stayed with their mother before... 

Neither of his sisters would do anything like this, neither of them ever spoke of him, upon their father's request. He was convinced that they hated Ghauth. 

Not that he could blame them. 

Unknown: Come on, Xavier, you know it's me.

Xavier: No. I don't.

Unknown: I know it's hard to believe, but it really is me, Xavier.

Xavier: Prove it.

It wasn't him. It wasn't. There was no way,

Unknown: When you were younger, you used to beg dad to let you go with him when he travelled. You always got so jealous when he brought me instead of you. Once, you didn't speak to me for a week when we got back.

Xavier: Anyone could guess that.

Unknown: I always hated going with dad, and I wasn't exactly quiet about him. Remember when me and dad got into this big fight over him dragging me around with him?

How could he forget?

That fight was the reason his brother was on the Isle in the first place.

The yelling that echoed throughout the house still rang clear through his memories. His brother's powers were always more... unstable, than his siblings. Magic was tied to emotions, but it seemed that with Ghuath it was truly heightened. 

They really should have expected something to happen.

Xavier: If you really are my brother, what happened during that fight?

Unknown: I lashed out.

Xavier: What did you do?

Unknown: Xavier please.

Xavier: Say it.

He didn't get to hurt their family that much and water it down to just 'lashing out'. No. He didn't get that.

Unknown: I hurt mom.

Hurt. 

That's the word he wants to use?

Xavier would probably have used something different.

Murdered.

Killed.

Slaughtered.

Anything else would have worked better. Would have fit better than just hurt.

Xavier: Alright, so you are him. Why are you contacting me?

Ghauth: Do you honestly think that Dad or our sisters were going to respond to me?

Xavier: And what's stopping me from blocking you and refusing to respond anymore?

Ghauth: Xavier, please, I just want to talk.

Xavier shut off his phone, putting it in his jacket pocket, as practice ended, and he saw Jay walking up to him.

"Throwing Chad across the field, Xavier?" He teased, leaning over and kissing his head, "That seems like a misuse of your magic."

"Oh it absolutely is," Xavier hummed, "It was worth it though."

"Is something wrong?" Jay asked, cupping his face, "You were frowning at your phone."

"I'll tell you later, love," He said, kissing the palm of his hand, "You go get changed, I'll get Aziz back to our dorm."

"Stop by when you're done, will you?" 

"You know I will.