Unknown Numbers

"Xavier, darling relax," Jay whispered, putting a hand over his boyfriend's, "That rabbit kid is with him, Aziz is gonna be fine."

"Their name is Kanin," Xavier mumbled back, "And can you really blame me for being so worried?"

"Of course I can't," He sighed, "I'm just saying that Aziz can handle himself just fine."

"Handle himself just fine?" Xavier asked, looking rather unimpressed, "After what we both saw today?"

Jay didn't say anything, but squeezed his hand gently.

"You handled it a lot better than I thought you were going to," Xavier said once class was let out, "I'll give you that."

"You really think so?" Jay asked, tilting his head at him as he put his things in his bag. 

"Mhm," Xavier hummed, nodding, "Aziz might actually listen to you."

"I've only really ever been good at comforting Carlos," Jay said with a shrug, "Guess Aziz isn't very different."

"It probably helped that Kanin was there," Xavier said, "Probably would have calmed down more if Ozzy were there, though."

"Those two are close, huh?" Jay asked.

"Ozzy was Aziz first and only boyfriend, and I'm not entirely sure that relationship ever ended," Xavier said, rolling his eyes at the memory of earlier that week when Ozzy flat out refused to untangle himself from Aziz's arms.

And they call him clingy.

"How long do you think he's going to keep insisting that he's fine?" Jay asked, "He can't possibly keep the act up forever."

"Oh he can," Xavier sighed, "He absolutely can."

"Aren't there doctors for this kind of thing?" He asked, tilting his head, "That's a thing, right?"

"Yeah, but Aziz hates hospitals," He sighed, rolling his eyes.

"They can't be that bad," Jay said, "Are they?"

"Do you guys not have hospitals on the Isle?" Xavier asked, glancing over at him.

"Ask that again, but slower."

"Wait, then how do you get medical attention?"

"Most of us know first aid," Jay said with a shrug, "Of course supplies isn't exactly easy to come by, so we have to make due with what we have."

Xavier slipped his hand into Jay's again as they walked through the halls, squeezing it gently.

"You have practice soon," He said, trying to get Jay's mind off the Isle.

Jay nodded, pressing a kiss to his head, "You head on down alright? I'll meet you there."

"Aziz is probably going to insist on going," Xavier sighed, "Stubborn little bitch."

"I'll deal with him," Jay said, "Don't worry too much, love."

"Alright," He hummed, sending Jay off with a kiss on the cheek before he went down the hall.

He made his way out to the field, sitting on one of the lower bleachers, as he felt his phone buzz. He hesitated for a moment before he pulled out his phone, expecting a text from Ambrose. 

Unknown: Hey little bro. It's been a while.