You Can't Hurt Him

"Mal!" Jay called, knocking on the door, "I need your help with something."

"Seriously?" Mal groaned, the door opening, "Jay, we just got back."

"Oh quit your groaning," Jay said rolling his eyes, "Xavier got a few texts from Ambrose."

"A few texts?" Mal asked, raising an eyebrow, "Must've been bad you look furious. What did they say?"

"He was threatening his sisters," Jay said, "And Xavier was completely freaked out, he was crying and blaming himself and I can't- fuck I can't just let Ambrose do that to him."

"Jay, as much as you don't want to, you have to calm down," Mal said, "Get inside."

Jay nodded, slipping into the room.

"What's going on?" Evie asked, glancing up from her sewing. 

"Jay's going to get himself sent back to the Isle," Mal said, sitting Jay down on one of the beds, "You can't do anything to Ambrose. Not yet, at least."

"So you expect me to just stand by and watch him hurt my boyfriend?" Jay demanded, "Mal-"

"No, that's not what I expect you to do," Mal said, "What I'm saying is that you can't hurt him. Not in the way you want."

"Mal he hurt him-"

"I know, but what good are you to Xavier if you get sent back?"

"Mal's right," Evie said, "You can't go and hurt him, yet. You need to be smart about this."

"Xavier was so scared," Jay said, "He was terrified."

"I'm sure he was," Evie sighed, turning her head at the knocking at the door, "Were you expecting Ben?"

"No," Mal said, going over and pulling it open, "It's just Carlos and Xavier. And two others, who I'm assuming are related to Xavier?"

Xavier slipped into the room, sliding next to Jay and wrapping his arms around him automatically.

"I thought I told you to stay put," Jay mused, putting his arm around Xavier as his other hand ran through his hair.

"Jay, you can't hurt him."

"That's what we've been trying to tell him," Mal said, "But it doesn't look like it's working that well."

"Clearly," Jordan hummed, "He's mad. He should be."

"I'm way past mad," Jay stated, cupping Xavier's face, "Not at you, love, don't worry."

"Alright, so you clearly want to hurt him," Carlos said, "But you can't do it directly. There are ways to hurt people without being caught."

"And with some magical intervention," Gigi added, "It can be done so much easier."