More Talking

"How'd it go?" Xavier asked when Jay returned to their room a few hours later, "How's Aziz holding up?"

"He's doing better," Jay said, taking a seat next to him, "I think he's high on pain meds, but he's fine otherwise."

"His parent's want to keep him here for a few weeks," Xavier said, "Just to make sure he's resting enough, and his recovery is ok."

"Do they think he's going to be ok with that?" Jay asked, tilting his head, "He spent a good portion of time complaining about how his parents were treating him like he couldn't take care of himself."

"Yeah no, he's absolutely gonna fight this," Xavier said with a light laugh, "He can be very dramatic when he wants to be."

"Yeah, I noticed that," Jay said, rolling his eyes, "Hey how do you think he's going to hold up? Mentally I mean." 

"I think he's going to be a little fucked for a while," Xavier said, "I'll keep an eye on him when he gets back. He's my roommate, so it'll be easy for me."

"I'll make sure he's ok too," Jay said, "He's my brother... oh, that sounds weird."

"Not used to it yet, huh?" He asked, tilting his head at his boyfriend, "Are you gonna tell his parents or are you gonna leave that to Aziz again? Because I'm telling you, if you're gonna have him doing this again, he might lose it."

"As much as I want to keep him from being called insane by his parents again, how am I supposed to tell them?" Jay asked, leaning back on the bed, "'Oh, hi there, I'm your long-lost son who was kidnapped and raised by your worst enemy!' like they're going to have a good reaction to that."

"Yeah, maybe you should wait until everything with Aziz has calmed down a bit," Xavier said, setting the book in his hands down as he lied next to Jay, "If it makes you feel a little better about leaving the whole explanation to Aziz, they're more likely to believe him now."

"Yeah, I'm sure parents are like that," Jay hummed, slipping an arm around Xavier's waist, "Don't believe their kids until they're literally dying."

"You've always been a touchy subject for them, Jay," Xavier said, "according to Aziz that is."

"I'll take his word for it," Jay told him, before smiling, "I probably should have seen it earlier, huh? We look so alike."

"Oh yeah," Xavier said with a small smile, "You're kinda blind there, Jay."

"You're so mean to me," Jay said, rolling his eyes, "Honestly, Aziz isn't that bad of a person to call my brother."

"Are you gonna start acting like an annoying older brother to him now?" Xavier asked, raising an eyebrow, "Because I have a feeling that if you do, he's gonna get so embarrassed."

"Well now that you mention it-"

"Jay."

"Oh, come on, it'd be so funny."

Xavier rolled his eyes, trying to hide a grin that was forming on his face.

"You're completely ridiculous," He mumbled, leaning his head against Jay's chest.

"Yeah, but you love me for it."

I have to stop acting like Aziz is the main character, like that's not what this fic is about-

The fic that I'm writing that is from Aziz's point of view after the events of these few chapters? The one that will have chapters surrounding Aziz's home and family life? Oh, that one's gonna have my boy as the MC-

I just gotta get a cover for it. I'll be making it myself-