Brotherly Bonding

Aziz had managed to push himself up into a sitting position, despite the pain in his ribs that shot through him the first couple of times he had tried. His parents had been with him the entire night, treating him like he was a kicked puppy.

He wasn't sure his mom stopped crying at all last night, and he knew for a fact his dad couldn't stop.

They would probably still be here if one of the servants hadn't come to collect them for some urgent matter. They had been hesitant at first, his father having insisted that Aziz couldn't be left alone. A statement that had Aziz insisting that he would be fine. 

It's not like he would run off. He couldn't. Not with his broken leg and ribs. 

It took a while, but he had finally convinced his parents that he would be alright on his own for a couple of hours. He was 16 he could care for himself.

But now he was alone. He'd been moved to his bedroom sometime during his sleep, and while it was nice to be in his own bed again, the loneliness was really getting to him. 

A knock on the door pulled him out of his thoughts as he turned his full attention to the door.

"It's unlocked," He called, "I think."

"You thought wrong," Jay said once he had gotten the door open, "I gotta say, that is not the easiest lock I've had to pick."

"My parents locked the door?" Aziz asked, unamused, "What, are they scared I'm going to get kidnapped again?"

"Maybe they're scared you'll run," Jay suggested, stepping inside and shutting the door behind him, "Judging by the things you tend to say when unconscious."

Aziz groaned, face flushing with embarrassment as he looked up.

"What was I even saying?" He asked, almost dreading the answer.

Xavier would probably know more, so he'd have to ask him later, but Aziz could vaguely remember Jay being present for the most part.

"Well, there was a lot of 'I don't want to die.'" Jay told him, taking a seat beside the bed, "A fair enough thing to say when one is in hysterics and dying."

"Was I in hysterics?" Aziz asked, tilting his head slightly.

"I don't know if hysterics would be the right word, but you definitely weren't there mentally," Jay said, "You could barely stay awake, and you wouldn't let me go when we finally got you to a doctor. You have a good grip, by the way."

"I don't remember that," Aziz mumbled, face flushing again.

He did remember it,

"Hey, nothing to be embarrassed of," Jay said, gently nudging his arm, "Of course I am going to make fun of you for it in the foreseeable future."

Aziz groaned, already dreading it. 

"Why'd you come here anyway?" Aziz asked, "Not that I don't appreciate the company, but I'm sure there are other things you'd rather be doing right now."

"I figured I'd drop by, keep you company while your parents are gone," He said, shrugging, "And, I wanted to apologize."

"Apologize?" Aziz asked, "For what?"

"For calling you insane," Jay mumbled, not exactly meeting his eyes.

"You called me insane?" Aziz asked.

"Not to your face," Jay said, "But I did call you insane and crazy to Xavier and the other three."

"Why am I not that surprised by that?" Aziz asked, rolling his eyes, "It's whatever Jay, I don't care that much about it."

"Well, I am sorry Aziz," Jay said, "Especially since you turned out to be right."

"What?"

He looked back over, sitting up straighter, only for that to result in a small whine of pain.

"Hey, don't try to move," Jay said, putting a hand on his shoulder and gently pushing him back, "You're too injured to try that."

Aziz nodded.

"Ok, ok fine," He mumbled, "So I was right? I'm not actually insane?"

"Yeah, you were," Jay told him, "Don't you remember that?"

Aziz shook his head. Jafar probably confirmed it, but it's not like he could remember it all that well. 

"Well, Jafar told me he wasn't my dad," Jay said, "And from there Xavier helped me put the rest of the pieces together."

"So you are actually my brother?" Aziz asked, not quite being able to process it, "My brother isn't dead?"

"No, Aziz, I'm not dead," Jay said, before sending him a small grin, "Honestly I think I got pretty lucky in the brother department."