Chapter 27

Ponsi's POV

---------------

"I can't believe it man!"

Cubbie exclaimed as I confirmed and confessed everything to him.

"Adrianne is actually Mark's wife? Why did you let yourself get involved with her in the very first place?"

I just exhaled deeply and looked at my feet in defeat I am too weak for any arguments right now my heart is too clouded with the thoughts of Adrianne.

"I know Adrianne is pretty special and she's beautiful hot and smart, but man seriously?"

"I love her will that be enough?"

Cubbie shook his head "You can't fall for her instantly man, you could've tamed yourself when you discovered she is Mark's wife!"

"They were just married but they were never together! Look man I tried but its just Adrianne.... She's different man..."

"There's so many fish in the sea Ponsi!"

"I am not a fish! I am human!"

Cubbie scoffed "Stop it, you think this is funny?"

"Whats up with you man? Whats your problem with Adrianne and me?"

"That's the problem!" Cubbie pointing at me walking back and forth now.

"She is Mark Foster's wife end of story! We are brothers man.. Come on!"

I rested my head on the leather couch pressing the bridge of my nose.

Cubbie sat beside me and stared at the blank wall of the studio..

"Whats your plan?"

I just shrugged my thoughts drifting away again.

"Man what if she decides to come back to Mark?"

I shut my eyes close at the thought of it.

"That's what I'm afraid of. What do you think?"

Cubbie let out a very deep exaggerated sigh and put his arm on my shoulders leaned closer and whispered.

"Are you asking for an advice?"

I just shrugged and chuckled. "Maybe, don't have much of a choice."

Cubbie leaned closer and whispered again. "You realize I'm a fucking asshole right?"

I chuckled and shook my head. "When will you become serious?"

Cubbie tapped my back and smiled at me. "Man OK seriously? if you're afraid you'll gonna lose her, then maybe its time to let go."

I did not said anything and just took a deep breath.

"Hey you wanna go out grab some coffee?" I said changing the subject.

He laughed and stand up shaking his head to me.

"Come on man, Step aside Coffee this is a job for alcohol."

*****

Regine's POV

----------------

"This is Mike Swift, a very good private investigator and a trusted man."

Gretchen introduced me to a balding stout man who nods at me. I gave him a stern look and looked back to Gretchen.

"Can we trust him?" I asked Gretchen as she shifted her weight crossing her leg as she sit on the far end of the leather couch.

"But of course ma'am I worked for your family since your father was still a mayor."