Chapter 12

Adrianne's POV

I laughed..

You're kidding me right?

"No Didi I'm serious.." Hid voice cold and dead.

"Why Mark?" I sound unaffected but deep inside I was torn into pieces, no I am pulverized.

"Just give me my freedom back Didi..." He snapped dropping his gaze.

"I know you since childhood Mark, what is wrong tell me, but please don't do this to me" I said with a pleading voice.

"I'm sorry Didi.." He said trying to even his breathing.

" I'm not like some other women out there who will believe all the words a man will say, I know your lying I can sense that.." my voice is trembling now anxiety gotten me.. Oh God please don't..

"The only lie here Didi is 'US"!" he said leaning his back on the leather chair gazing at me..

"Mark.." I swallowed hard and inhaled deeply...

I looked at him with hurtful eyes.

"You remember when we are in fifth grade when John the bully tripped me that I slammed my head on the tiled floor in our classroom?"

He looked at me with questioning eyes but he nod not saying a word.

"and my head bled like hell.. and you came to the rescue but before you helped me you beat the hell out of that ninety pounder kid" a chuckled and continued.

"From that very moment I looked at you as my archangel who saved me from the devil.."

"Why are you telling this to me Didi?" he asked maintaining his poker face.

"Well, because from that very moment I fell in love with my archangel.. and guess what? He broke my heart. and that archangel is no worst than the kid who bullied me since first grade.."

"Don't think like that---"

"I came back because I want you.. I fought cancer for you and mom.." I cut him off, he was supposed to say something to me when I raised my hand.

"This is our last chance right? By the moment I stood up on this chair, there will be no turning back. You know me I stood up on my words. So is this your final decision?"

"YES" He smiled not meeting his eyes.

"Ok then, and oh .." I stood up and took our wedding ring from my pouch that I planned to wear after our dinner, and put it inside his glass of wine..

"I'm giving it back, There's no use for me keeping that thing.. That small piece of Jewelry that symbolizes my piece of hope that there's a chance for the two of us."

Mark just looked at the ring and never said a word.. Tears brimming that no matter how hard I fought won't stop. I was about to walk out but I paused.

"And oh before I forgot.." the bottled emotions that I am good at hiding suddenly came out.. "don't Call me Didi I am not your Didi anymore, never talk to me again until the day we get our divorce and by some random awful chance that we cross our roads again.. Act as if I don't exist, because I'll be glad to return the favor.. Congratulations for being the greatest jerk I ever met .. Adios."

I ran outside the restaurant without looking back, I have to go to my car fast, away from him, away from everyone.

I know Mark was hiding something from me and I know he will not hurt me on purpose but damn if he can't fully trust me then there's no use, I can fight for him but what can I do if he himself never wanted to be fought for?