Chapter 10

Diane's POV

It's Thursday afternoon and it's a very slow day, I'm sitting in my desk I already finished my paper works and random stuffs already.

I am reading some Paulo Coelho's novel, When I heard a loud cheering outside. I disregard it as it's normal in this college where students are so loud when they see something unusual..

Somebody opened the door without bothering to knock.

I snapped my head and glared to see Mrs.Welch one of the instructors here with a stout physique round shaped face on her late 40's enter my room gasping for air..

"There's a new App in Iphone I newly discovered Mrs. Welch it teaches you how to do this new thing with a silent 'K' on it it's called knocking!" I said casually not bothering to look at her..

"I'm sorry Ms.Lopez.."She paused her face reddened from embarrassment and pushed her eye glasses and continued..

"I'm sorry but that guy from Foster the People is here! And looking for you!" She blurted out.

I stand unconsciously on my seat.. My eyes went wide..

I walked to the window and peaked from the blinds, I can't practically see who was it since the students crowded at whoever he is..

"You never said you know one of them Ms.Lopez." Mrs.Welch said practically jumping.

I rolled my eyes on her and slumped myself on the couch behind me..

"No offense Mrs.Welch but you're kinda old to appreciate the genre of their music, or to even know them.".. I said confused.

"Well my kids love them, every morning all I hear is their music their favorite is "Pumped up Sticks---

"Pumped up Kicks" I corrected her trying to hide a smile.

"Oh yeah that one or whatever you people call them, well I am not a fan but Dear Lord wasn't he gorgeous and kind?"..

"Kind?"

But she did not have any chance to answer me when the Dean Mr.Smith entered the room followed by.... Oh my God..

"Pontius?"

Mr.Smith stands awkwardly and coughed.

"Excuse me Ms.Lopez maybe me and Mrs.Welch should be going"..

He glanced at Mrs.Welch and gestured to follow her, Mrs.Welch as star struck as she is managed to walk practically dragged by Mr.Smith he yanked open the door knob and paused..

"Thank you Mr.Pontius".

Pontius just nod and smiled at him, Mr.Smith closed the door. I frowned why do they thank him.

An awkward silence came. Pontius stand awkwardly his hands on the pocket of his jeans..

Me on the other hand just glanced at him to the floor and to him back and forth.. Until I couldn't take it anymore. He smiled at me.

"What? get up your stupid ass and give me a hug.." He said grinning at me.

I glared at him shaking my head trying to hide a giggle. I stand up taking a step towards his open arms and he hugged me really tight.. He smelled his usual Musky wood scent, I melt in his arms, we remained like it and an awkward silence came in again, and I freed myself from his hug and sat on the couch.

"What are you doing here?"

"I missed you too A" He said in my ear that send shivers on my spine. I poked my elbow to him and he groaned dramatically and laughed.

"Won't you offer me a sit first kind Ma'am?" He said sarcastically.

"Help yourself kind sir" I mocked him tapping the couch gesturing him to take a sit.

"Why thank you." He sat and crossed his legs leaning on the arm rest.

"What a pleasant surprise, what can I do for you in this very fine afternoon?".I said faking a British accent.

he laughed and shook his head.

"A seriously?!"

I glared at him trying to hide a laugh. Well. I admit I missed him.

"What are you doing here Pontius?.."

"I took the flight first since our stay in Malaysia was cancelled due to a typhoon, and yes I'm glad to see you too A". he said drumming his fingers to the leather couch.

"Ok very well said, but still it did not answer my question." I said bluntly.

"Obviously I came here to see you," he paused and leaned breath away from me and whispered "God I missed you so much A"..and he leaned back winking at me..

My face reddened I can feel that my ears became hot by such action.

"You blush by my mere proximity A is that how intense your desire for me huh?".. he said sarcastically.

"Can't get enough if yourself huh?"

"A".. his tone changed and became serious.

"A can you.." He trailed his words ..

"Oh well..". He grabbed my hand and laced his fingers to mine..

"What are you mute or something can't utter a sentence?" I said smirking at him

He frowned. "What?!"

"Oh God Now he's deaf too!".. I rolled my eyes and exaggerated my sighing.

"Very funny A.."

He sighed and leaned back to the couch eyes.

"I wonder will you ever give me a chance.. Er.. Didi can you have dinner with me tomorrow night?"

I blinked. "Are you asking for a date P?"

"P?"

"Yeah P. Pontius is long got a problem with that? You call me A so were even now" I narrowed my eyes.

"No nothing so A.. Is it a yes or is it a hell yes!"

I frowned and glanced at him.

"Ok ok P tomorrow night 8pm don't bother pick me up I can drive myself there.."

His eyes widened with excitement and looked at me trying to absorb what I said running his fingers to his hair absentmindedly grinning like an idiot..

"Stop that you look like you're having a seizure.."

He laughed and cupped my face, he leaned that he was just a breath away from me, my heart beat rapidly..

"Thank you A for giving me a chance.."

"What chance?" I can inhale his breath his nose inches from mine that my mouth went dry.

He chuckled and leaned closer that only a very thin air is the distance between us..

He looked at me and down to my lips.. I swallowed hard why am I not backing? And I let out a cough and drop my gaze..

"You should be going P. your kinda tired take a rest you can call me later." I said dropping my gaze..

He leaned back to the chair and let out a sigh, stands up and walked to the door without meeting y eyes he let out a chuckle.

"See you Friday night A. wear something special.."

And then he left after a few seconds all I can hear war a roar of the mob shouting his name..

And then it snapped 'Oh my God I'm meeting Mark tomorrow night too!'

Vote or Comment or whatever you like! *wink*

Laters Baby