Chapter 32

Pontius' POV

----------------

"Dunkin Donuts"

"Krispy Kreme"

"Dunkin Donuts!"

"No I said Krispy Kreme!"

"What are you deaf?"

"No I'm not! You buy those I will buy mine!"

"Fine!"

Adrianne snapped as she ended the call. I know she was just playing around with me and my love for Dunkin' Donuts.

But I know how to play too I already bought one dozen of Krispy Kreme Original Glazed and a dozen of assorted Dunkin Donuts.

For almost a year now I know already how she thinks. I smiled on the thought that I'm going to see her after our show in Bahamas as I drive fast to her apartment..

My smile suddenly faded when I remembered what happened over a week ago.

*Flashback*

I'm an idiot.

Thats all what I have in mind right now as I sat on the alligned steel chairs in the hospital's alley.I got carried away with my performance that I didn't realize I was hurting Adrianne already.

I don't know what happened because it all happen too fast when suddenly she was agonizing in pain that I don't understand where its coming from, when she lost her consciousness I just rushed her to the same hospital she was confined last month.

The nurse tapped my back drawing me back from my thoughts I immediately stand up.

"The Doctor wanted to talk to you."

and then she gestured to follow her lead as she stopped in front of Dr.Hyde's office as I read the steel plated name Dr. Simon D. Hyde.

The nurse closed the door as I entered the Doctors office silently.

"Come here."

The Doctor ordered with a voice like God,well if I can hear God I know his voice resembles to him.

I stepped closer as I saw him looking at some pictures that is similar on what you see when they give you an Xray.

"Have a sit young man."

I sit down on one of the chairs near his desk without saying anything as he sat down too taking off his eyeglasses pinching his temples.

"Having a long day huh?"

I said trying to start a conversation,he chuckled.

"Yes, its a Doctor's thing."

He tooka deep breathe and leaned on his desk propping his elbow and clasping his hand. My mouth went dry as I can sense he has something to say but he is having a hard time telling it to me.

"What I'm about to say to you now is beyond my work etiquette, you know the doctor-patient thing."

"I-I don't understand." I stuttered as I asked him what does he mean.

"What I'm trying to tell you is I'm breaking the number one rule, the code of silence. The patient's records should be a secret not unless the patient gives a permission then we can share it to anyone."

I just frowned still not getting his point. Maybe he might have sensed it that he continued.

"I am a Doctor. My job is to keep my patients healthy and alive so Ms.Lopez can sue me to court for doing this but I guess this is the only way for me to save her life."