Chapter 7

This Chapter is dedicated toTorches because she just can't wait  *wink*

Sleeping with a broken heart is much awful than sleeping knowing you have cancer...

I cried myself to sleep last night that I couldn't open my eyes I know it got swollen from the whole night of endless crying.

I glanced at the clock behind my bed and it's 12 noon already. I overslept. I wonder why nobody woke me up. I took the fastest Bath of my life

I grabbed my pouch and looked for my cell phone there are three missed calls from mom and ten messages.

I scanned all of them. Seven from mom and three from Pontius.. Mom's text are all the same asking me to return her calls.. I just shook my head I know moms will be moms right? They will never stop being worried sick about our whereabouts.

Then Pontius' text messages;

Pontius: I left early but be back soon before dinner..

Pontius: Adrianne, you know you can trust me right? See yah later..

I sighed defeated, I get up to bed and stretched myself in front of the mirror, Oh my God I look horrible! My big eyes looked bigger and swollen.. maybe a warm bath will do, I stripped off my clothes and headed to the bathroom

I turned on the water to fill the bathtub as the water is rubbing my thoughts drifted from what happened last night..

FLASHBACK:

"You thought she's somebody else?!" Regine asked Mark suspiciously.

"Y-Yeah I thought She's somebody else from the past.. A long lost friend of mine".. Marked paused and looked at me with sadness "But it's impossible that friend is already dead two years ago".. Mark faking a smile and look away from me hugging Regine from behind and kissed her forehead..

So this is what Emotional Pain is, you don't know where to hold yourself,unlike physical pain you know where to comfort yourself you know where the pain is coming from, but this pain I felt now? I don't know where all of these are coming from. My knees are shaking, my fingers are trembling, palms sweating.

I felt Pontius's hands in my waist pulling me closer to him his fingers lifting my chin so I can look directly on him. "Are you allright A? You looked Pale.. 

I just look at him with glassy eyes and swallowed hard I want to tell him I'm not ok that I want to get out but no words are coming from my mouth..

"Ponsi maybe she's just starstrucked when she saw Mark, you know it's a common thing from a common fan" Gretchen stated while twirling her curls with eyes like a dagger ready to stab me..

"Uhmmm.."  I managed to utter such pathetic sound. "Maybe I could use a restroom."

"Go left and turn right there's a bathroom over there" Gretchen said gesturing me where to go.

"Ok Thanks"..

"You want me to go?" Pontius asked with concerned eyes.

"No, I'm allright stay here" I smiled hoping it convinced him and then I went off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I slammed the door behind me and leaned against it looking at myself on the mirror above the sink, my eyes are shocked completely reddened by tears .. I held my chest feeling the pain I smirked, so this is it huh? So this is how it felt I can't blame Mark, his reaction was normal, what do I expect? he will run to me and tell me how much he missed me? I shook  my head, so disgusted with myself. A soft knock outside dragged me back to my senses again.

"Didi open it.."

My heart sank upon hearing his voice as I slowly turned around my fingers are cold and trembling, but I gathered all my strength to yank the door knob open, and Mark was there standing eyes full of emotions, He immediately stepped inside and locked the door.. He grabbed both of my arms tightly he looked at me like he is assessing if I'm real or not.

"W-what are you doing?"I asked reluctantly almost choked by my words.

"Guess I should be asking you the same question!!" He let go of me and run his fingers into his hair and inhaled deeply.

"You played with me Adrianne, why did you lie! You have no idea what I've been through with the thought of you being dead!" he whispered angrily squeezing both of my shoulders.

"No, please Mark let me explain..It's not that I lied to you I was protecting you.. I was saving you from the pain you will feel if you will take it much longer" I'm shaking with my words.

"Well I guess your plans did not succeed that much eh? Look Didi you killed me when you plotted your own fake death. I live my life miserably back then, I was lifeless even with the band's success it did not give me absolute happiness"

"I know I screwed big time.. Look I knew it already and it's not just you who suffered greatly from it! just the thought of not seeing you makes me jump off a cliff!" My voice is trembling all I want now is to touch him and hug him just like old times.

“I guess it just doesn’t matter anymore Adrianne everything has changed there’s no use in looking back nobody are in there we are already here now” He sighed and his shoulders shrugged.

“Can I ask you something” I asked looking away.

He just looked at me as he slowly soften his hold on my shoulders slowly stepping back at the door leaning against it he dropped his gaze and nod reluctantly.

“Why did you marry me Mark? Was it because I was dying back then?

He sighed looking at the ceiling smiling shaking his head. And stepped closer to me again and cupped my face.

“That thing only happens in Novels Adrianne I married you for the right reason, I marry you because I loved you Didi, I loved you so much.

I was lost out of words upon hearing it so instead I just reached up to wrap my arms to his neck and without any words I kissed him from that very moment I just felt how much I missed and love him, how many times I wasted denying the truth of convincing myself that he only loves me because I’m his best friend and he is just my only friend.

Mark was a little bit shocked but then recovered himself and kissed me hungrily as our lips moved in sync and his tongue licking my bottom lip asking for entrance I opened my mouth a little bit letting him do what he want.. Mark pulled my waist higher that my leg. ended up wrapped around his waist. his lips are more demanding wanting more he pulled me closer and I tugged his hair he lowered his head and trailed kisses down my neck, I let out a soft moan.. and felt his phone vibrate in his pocket he instantly pulled off from the kiss he rested his forehead to mine..

“Do you love her?” I don’t know why I asked him this kind of question I don’t want or I’m afraid for a positive answer..

“Yes I love her” Mark said without any hesitations I was about to say something when he continued.

“I love her, but I’m not in love with her.. I’m still in love with my wife”

My heart skipped a beat butterflies in my stomach oh God I couldn’t be more happy!

“But it doesn’t make a my sense now Didi, I love you yes I do and nobody can replace you in my heart but I’m with Regine now I just can’t dump her like that”.. he paused and looked at me.

“I don’t want to break her heart just because you decided to be back in my life, you had me at my best Didi Regine had me at my worst and she deserves the best in me now.”

I just looked at him I don’t want to say anything because I know it will just broke all the emotions he let go of my hand and headed towards the door.and yanked it open..

“Goodbye Didi”

Silence as he gently closed the door, as if its some kind of a ceremonial closure of what becomes of us.

"Please Mark, let me be the one. Let me be the one again."

I whispered. Hoping not for his ears to hear but for his heart to feel.