Chapter 28

Adrianne's POV

-------------------

I ran outside the Diner and found Mark standing at the corner looking at the empty street.

"Hey what happened?"

Mark didn't say anything his eyes are still fix on the empty road he looks like he had seen a ghost. I touched his arms making him face me.

"Hey?"

He just look at me but I know his mind is somewhere or maybe someone he just saw.

Mark blinked. "Oh nothing. I thought I saw someone.Come on Di let's go home I'm not feeling well."

I just frowned at him but did not make any protest.I just knew him if he wanted to say anything he will share it without pushing it to him.

*****

Mark is three hours now on his phone talking to somebody, his face completely glued on his laptop anxiety written all over it.

I was really bothered, what's up with him? I just sighed looking at him instead of over thinking on things and watching Mark ignoring me I will just make myself busy today and make the most out of it since tomorrow we will be back to reality.

I went to my room that like the other parts of this house Mark restored it just like how it looks before.

The pictures on the wall my old teddy bear my old quilt on my old bed that puts a smile on my face right now.

I sat on the side of my bed beside a french window looking outside and making my thoughts wander.

Am I really giving him up? Am I ready emotionally? Or should I say should I give it another try...

I smiled on the thought that we can stay like this forever but the thought of Pontius getting hurt is so unbearable to me.

I exhaled leaning my head on the window jamb looking at the dry leaves taken by the wind...

*****

Pontius POV

---------------

I'm on the payphone trying to go home all of my change I spent on you. Where have the times gone baby its all wrong, Where are the plans we made for two?

.....Now I'm paralized still I'm stucked on the time when we called it love but even the sun sets in paradise.

"I hate that song."

"No man you don't hate the song, you have just relate to it."

Cubbie opposed as I can barely hear him due to the clubs loud booming music and maybe the alcohol that finally kicked in.

I did not argue anymore since Cubbie doesn't know when to give up on arguments and since I'm not on the mood to argue with him.

"You know there's a very effective way to forget Adrianne."

"Why should I forget her? We are still together you know that, she hasn't broken up with me.."

"...yet" Cubbie added looking at me seriously.

I did not say anything so he continued. "Its not impossible man come on! All things are hard from the very start but if you will get used to it,it will be just a piece if cake and you will thank me later on in life."

"So how can I forget Adrianne then Dr.Love?" I asked sarcastically.

"Simple, Dare yourself to fall in love again...with somebody else."