Chapter 36

Adrianne

My Body's aching, I feel so weak, I don't even have the energy to open my eyes. I can't see but I can feel him right now, his hands gently rubbing my wrists. While his other hand caressing my hair as he leans his head to mine, smelling his warm breath against my hair. I want to lift my arm and hug him but I can't maybe I was sedated a while ago for the unbearable pain I felt...
Funny I didn't care about myself weeks ago, but now I realized I am being selfish. Now I am praying and hoping I will get out of here alive... For Mom, for the two Marks who love me whole heartedly that made my heart sink.. For Cubie who loves me oh so dearly and also for myself... I owe this to myself. I am battling this for how many years now... And definitely this is not the time to give up..
I want to be alive...

MARK's POV

I can watch her for a lifetime and will never grew tired of it...
I am watching her almost two hours right now, I am memorizing every inch of her.. Every strand of her hair that flow carelessly against her pale face. I don't know why am I doing this.. Am I guilty of this thought that lingers in me that I might lose her one day? Can I live a normal life knowing I can't be with her anymore?
I have wasted so much time already, I hope its not too late for us... For her... Why life can be so unfair? Why can't our Fate meet and collide to become one? A single tear escaped from my eye that I immediately wiped off consciously thinking Didi might see it..
I leaned towards her as I hold her hand smelling her strawberry scented hair.. Her shampoo since I can remember.. I want to shout I want to speak up and ask why is this happening to someone who never hurt anybody?
Is there a chance? I am hoping that Regine's Test Results will reveal she's a match for Adrienne. Maybe after all Regine will be her only key for her full recovery. My spirit lifted of the thought of it...

PONSI's POV

Mark left after five minutes I entered A's room. Maybe he wants to give me some alone time with her. She's asleep waiting for the operation thirty minutes from now and that's how little time I have to tell her everything I want to say, I sat on the chair next to her bed holding her right hand as my chest tightens on the thought that she might not open her eyes after this operation. "A..." Ridiculous but I am hoping she will hear me as my voice tremble as I can't contain my emotions anymore I begin to cry... "A.. Please come back... " I trailed struggling to find the strength to utter the words I wanted to say. "I'd do everything for you just come back. Please I am begging you.... Please stop that guilty feeling you have in there for not choosing me I want you to know that its okay it doesn't matter anymore Who you want to have all that matters is you please A please come back..,"

REGINE's POV.

Gretchen's gonna kill me if she'll find out. But Adrianne's my sister too maybe its enough to justify why I turned my back on Gretch. My thoughts lingers as the male nurse approaches smiling professionally telling me its going to be okay while giving me something in my IV anesthesia maybe? I know this operation is not a guarantee of Adrianne's survival but I've got to try to save her rather than stand in the corner waiting for God's hand cast some miracle, because I am God's hand, and Adrianne's fate lies beneath it. I hope as I drift to sleep.

Mark's POV

Three hours passes and still nobody is going it in that operating room. God this is the longest day of my life. Adrianne is weak and there's a chance that she will not be able to open her eyes after the operation she will be in a coma for a lifetime like a real life sleeping beauty alive but not living...
The clock is ticking Ponsi's on the other corner of the hall his eyes close but I know he's wide awake. The police just came in telling me they caught Gretchen and I have to go to the precinct. Everything is falling into places except for Adrianne.... Drifting to my thoughts I never knew six hours already passed when the door opened seeing the Doctor his face is haggard.., he's accompanied by a nurse instructing her of something I immediately stand up so as Ponsi already on my back. "Doc how was she..." Its a question who wants a positive answer... The Doctor sighs removing his mask. Pinching his nose shutting his tired eyes while he taps my right shoulder.

"Son..."

-------------------------

THANKS FOR STICKING WITH ME THROUGH THE END! ONLY THREE CHAPTERS LEFT BEFORE IT ENDS AND MY NEW NOVEL BEGINS! I REALLY HAD A MAJOR WRITER's BLOCK WITH ADRIANNE's STORY REALLY I AM SORRY FOR THE DELAY.

I love you all guys! Y'all the best! ❤️