Chapter 31

Pontius' POV

----------------

I woke up when I heard Adrianne's voice calling me.

"A what is it?" I asked as I was instantly on her side not bothered that I only slept for just a minute because Cubbie and I went to our friend's bar as I am scheduled to be their DJ for the night.

"C-can you p-please turn o-off t-the air---c-con p-please, a-and tu-turnn o-on t-the h-heater.."

Adrianne said between her chattering teeth.I frowned as I glanced at the aircon that is already turned off, well actually it never really was on as I remember Cubbie complaining that he can bake some cookies with the room temperature.

"But A, its off and the heater is on 24hrs."

"B-but i-its c-cold P." I touched her forehead with my palm and good heavens is she hot...no literally she's hot! God she has high fever for Chrissake!.

"You're having chills A, wait a sec I will call the nurse."

"W-wait P n-no p-please....."

I stopped when A grabbed my hand.

"Are you insane?"

"P-please I t-think I'm g-gonna e-xplode w-with the m-medications t-they g-gave m-me a w-while a-go p-please..."

I just sighed as I grabbed the comforter wrapping it to her.

"I d-don't t-think I n-need t-that P, it w-won't w-work."

I sighed again in frustration this woman really is impossible.

"I n-need a h-human b-blanket."

"OK if thats.....Wait...What?"

Mark's POV

---------------

"He what? No you've got to be kidding me! Please I have no time----

"My father is dead!" Amelia yelled as she slammed her fist on the table.

"You hear me? This is not just about you Mark I suffered a lot too! Seeing my dad suffer from Alzheimer's made me regret for being a bad child! The other day he got hit by a car that I know its not an accident no its not an accident! She killed him!"

"Who is She?" My question made her calmer this time that she dropped her gaze looking nervous again.

"Get a clue Mark!You know her very much she's Gretchen Standford."

The fear that it might be Gretchen errupted inside me sending chills in my veins.

"Why? How could she do such a thing? I don't believe she just did this just for Regine.." I said more to myself.

"Of course,as I said this is not just all about you... In a few months I stayed close with her I learned everything by just over hearing things. Mark all that happened to you that connects you to them did not happen by just mere accident it all happened in purpose."

"What do you mean by that? And what is Regine's part in all of this!" My anger and rage made my blood boil makes my palms sweat in frustration.

"The younger sister doesn't have any clue about the real truth,well she's not entirely innocent because I see she's also a bitch like her sister. " She stopped as she grabbed some cigarette lighting it and continued.

"That Regine was obsessed with you...Well thats how it can be defined, and her obsession to you lead Gretchen to background check you and I believe you know that right?" I just nod as she puffs her cigarettes.