Chapter 32

Sorry I uploaded a bit late. My brother had taken over the laptop! But enjoyy. not the best chapter, just sayinn'.

_____________________________________________________________________

Carly’s POV:

            Harry has been acting a bit weird lately. Ever since rehearsals in Miami, he has been a bit strange. I would ask him what was wrong, but he would lie straight through his teeth and say that everything is fine. I can easily read people’s body language and tell when they are lying, and Harry knows this, so why does he continue to lie? There’s something bothering him, I know it. I even asked the other boys if they knew anything, but they would just say they are just as confused as I am, not knowing what’s going on with Harry. Except for Louis. He would just look uncertain, as if he was hiding something, and wanted to tell me but couldn’t.

           We were now in Toronto, Canada, and were a few weeks away from the Teen Choice Awards. Harry seemed so distant, and it was worrying me. Was it something I did? And not to mention, Harry would keep on looking at his phone, as if expecting a call or something. Why did he keep looking at it? I had half a mind to sneakily take his phone and see what he was looking at it, but that would be me invading his privacy, and I don’t want to seem like that person, because I’m not. If he wants to tell me, he will.

            I let out a sigh, not wanting to think anymore, as I walked towards the kitchen of the huge hotel suite. But I stopped in front of the closed door when I heard voices from inside. “Harry, you have to tell her,” Louis’ urgent voice says. “You can’t keep lying to her.”

            “I know, Lou,” I hear Harry say, his voice barely above a whisper as I strained to hear his voice. “But I don’t know how. I don’t want Carly to think it’s something it’s not.” Think what?!

            “Haz, you know it’s the right thing to do,” Louis says a bit more firmly. “If you really like Carly, then you would tell her.”

            “Fine,” I hear Harry sigh in defeat. “I’ll tell her.”

            I didn’t hear Louis reply for at least five seconds, so I took that moment and walked into the kitchen, pretending that I didn’t just hear their conversation. “Hey, boys,” I fake a smile, upset over the fact that Harry was lying to me, right at my face.

             "Hey, Carls,” Louis smiles, and then adds, “Well, I uh, need to call Eleanor. Bye!” he says and then runs out of the kitchen, leaving just Harry and I.

            I turn to Harry and he smiles nervously at me, before averting his gaze. I let out a sigh and pour myself a glass of water. Once I drink it, I see Harry still avoiding my eyes, and that’s when I decide that I’ve had it. “Harry, what’s wrong?” I ask, putting my glass down.

            “W-What?” Harry stutters, his gaze returning to me.

            “What’s wrong?” I repeat, taking a step closer to him. “I know something’s bothering you.”

            Harry shakes his head, his curls bouncing a bit. “It’s nothing, Carly, don’t worry about it.”

            My heart falls. He told Louis that he would tell me, and I was about to tell him that before I caught myself. I don’t want to seem like an eavesdropper. “Harry, I’m not stupid,” I say. “I know you’re lying to me.”

            “Carly, just drop it,” Harry snaps, glaring at me.

            I’m caught a bit off guard by his tone, almost having to take a step back. “I’m not gonna drop it,” I reply, standing my ground. “You’re lying to me, Harry.”