Chapter 55

While I was working on the chapter I was watching High School Musical 2 & it was the part where Gabriella was leaving and damn I started crying cos they're so perfect. Gah. I want a relationship like Troy and Gabriella.

__________________________________________

Carly’s POV:

            “Can we please do something?” Louis groans from the couch.

            “No, today’s a lazy day!” I retort, leaning against Harry’s shoulder.

            I was at Louis and Harry’s flat with the rest of the boys, and were all dressed like hobos. Well, not really. I was dressed in a red tank top with my black Victoria’s Secret shorts, and my wavy hair cascading past my shoulders. All the boys were wearing shorts and T-shirts. I wanted to do nothing but relax today, but Louis had some other ideas.

            “Come on, don’t be a bum,” Louis whined. “Be active!”

            I roll my eyes. “What do you wanna do, Lou?” Liam asks him.

            Louis puts on a thinking face, and you could practically hear the gears in his brain turning as he thought over what he wanted to do. “Ooh, I’ve always wanted to have a paint war.”

            I sat up, and Harry’s eyes instantly locked with mine. “Isn’t that on our bucket list?” Harry asks, a grin on his face.

            I nod, laughing. “It is!” I say, and then turn to Louis. “We can do that.”

            Louis cheers and Zayn asks, “Do we have paint, though?”

            Louis scoffs. “Please,” he stands up. “Do you think I’d suggest that if we didn’t?”

            We watch as he walks over to the storage closet, and then a minute later pulls out a cardboard box. Watching him curiously, we see him open the lid and show us what’s on the inside. Dozens of tubes and bottles of red, blue, orange, purple, green, and yellow paint were in there, waiting to be opened and used. Everyone grins as Louis sets the box in the middle of the living room, and then he looks at us.

            “You guys ready for this?” Louis asks, a grin across his face.

            We all grin and nod, and then run down the stairs and to the boys’ back yard. It was a huge one, enough space for all of us to run aroud and have a paint war. “We need teams!” Niall shouts.

            “Me, Carly, and Louis against Liam, Niall, and Harry,” Zayn announces.   

            Harry’s face drops as I snicker. “Hey! I wanna be with Carly!”

            I stick my tongue out at him. “Too bad, boo,” I say.

            Harry narrows his eyes at me. “Oh, I see how it is.”

            “Okay, everyone grab two bottles of paint!” Louis says, putting the box on the ground. We run over and I pick a bottle of purple and a bottle of green paint. Zayn, Louis, and I stand on one side of the yard while Harry, Niall, and Liam stand on the other. With a bottle of yellow and blue paint in each of his hands, Louis shouts, “BEGIN!”

            We all start running around, throwing open the caps of the bottle and squirting it at the other team. Niall is the first one that catches my eye, and I run towards him. A grin spreads across my face as I squeeze the yellow paint bottle and squirt it across his chest, making squiggly lines all over his shirt. He looks at me, blue eyes wide, and aims his orange bottle at me.