Chapter 38

OH MY GOD. WHO HAS READ THE DARK FANFICTION?! It was updated today and it got me into the mood of writing. Lmao so here ya go. Pictures of Carly at the TCA'S ---->

____________________________________________________________

Carly's POV:

@CarlyMcKinley: Oh my Goddd. Teen Choice Awards tonight! So excited but nervous. Who voted?!

The thought of going to my first awards show was nerve wracking. Plus, the thought of being nominated for best female artist is even more nerve wracking. I'm surprised my knees haven't given me away yet. The Teen Choice Awards awards were five hours away, but we all were getting ready now. Harry had been kicked out of the hotel suite we shared, so it was now me, Marissa, and Carter here. They were helping me get ready for the award show, and as I sat on the chair, my knee kept bobbing up and down in nervousness. I would either bite the inside of my cheek or lick my lips to calm myself down. Taking deep breaths just doesn't help me.

Carter was by the dressing table, setting the hair straighters and brushes up, while Marissa was looking through the clothes rack for the perfect dress for me to wear. Every light in the room was on, brightening the room ten times more. I had just gotten out of the shower and was wearing the hotel's fluffy white robe tied over my body that only had a bra and underwear. My hair fell over me, wet and in ringlets. My nails were already done, and were simply just French manicured. I looked down at my hands on my lap as my nails tapped on my iPhone's black screen.

Finally, Marissa walked back over to me, holding something behind her hands and a smile on her face. "I found the perfect dress," she says, causing me to look up at her and Carter to look at her as well. She then brings her hands forward and I see her holding a pretty hot pink dress. It was simple and had straps, and it stopped around my mid thigh, resembling sort of a pencil skirt. In her other hand she was holding cute white heels with straps that would wrap around my ankle. "I figured you should dress in a simple style for your first award show," Marissa says, putting the shoes on the floor and the dress on the bed. "Don't wanna over do it, now do we?" she grins.

I chuckle, my nerves calming down a bit. "It's perfect, Marissa," I tell her.

She claps her hands. "Great!" she exclaims, and then turns to Carter. "Carter, why don't you start off with Carly's hair? Make up is gonna take a bit longer."

Carter nods his head, and spreads out the wire for the hair dryer and walks over to me. He turns the dryer on full power and ruffles through my hair as he dries it, using the brush in his other hand to dry all over. Five minutes after my hair is completly dry, he puts the dryer away and brings the hair straightner over. Almost fifteen minutes later, my hair is perfectly straightened and brushed. You can easily make out my light brown high lights on my dark brown hair, and I smiled as I looked at my hair in the mirror.

"Perfect," Carter declares, putting the straightner away. "Marissa, she's all yours."

Marissa comes out of practically nowhere and grins. "Close your eyes, babe," she smiles.

I do as she tells me to and shut my eyes, and I immediately feel a light brush move around over my eyes. After the brush has been over both of my eyes, I feel the pencil of the eye liner go over. "Open your eyes," Marissa instructs, and I obey. I then move my eyeballs up as she applies mascara on. She then puts the mascara away and starts putting on blush on my cheeks, and then applies some pink lipstick on my lips. "Done!" she announces with a proud grin.

"Ooh, lemme see, lemme see!" Carter screams like a child, almost reminding me of Louis. He walks over and takes a look at my face, and then smiles as well. "You look flawless, Carly," he says. "As per usual," he then adds.