Chapter 64

There's a VERRYYY important announcement in the author's note at the end of the chapter, so PLEASE make sure you read it!!

_____________________________________________

Eleanor’s POV:

            “She’s hurting so much, Lou,” I sigh, running a hand through my wavy, light brown hair. “Did you see her latest interview? That smile of hers was anything but real.”

            “I know, El,” Louis says, rubbing my upper right arm. “I just wish we could do something for her. I have no idea what was going through Harry’s head when he did what he did.”

            I nod. “And that Kate? She’s horrid,” I groan. “What does Harry see in her?”

            “I don’t know; but whatever it is, it’s probably buried deep, deep inside of her,” he says. “How many days has it been since they’ve broken up? Three? Four?”

            “A week and a half, Lou,” I tell him, rolling my eyes slightly.

            Just then, the door opens and in come the rest of the boys, minus Harry, along with Danielle and Soha. Just two days ago, Soha had moved in with Niall. She’s attending Uni now with me, and Niall had offered for her to stay with him. “Hey, guys,” Zayn sighs, sitting down next to me as the other sit on the couch across from us.

            “What’s up?” Niall asks as he too sits down in between Liam and Soha.

            “Just talking about Harry,” Louis sighs.

            As if on cue, the door swings open and in come Harry and Kate, holding hands while laughing. “Hey everyone,” Harry grins as they walk in. He’s grinning; smiling, as if he didn’t just go through a rough break up with the girl he loves.

            “Hi,” we all mumble in response.

            “What’s everyone up to?” he asks, putting an arm around Kate as she smiles up at him. Urgh.

            “Just talking about how we all miss Carly,” Zayn snaps. There we go. Zayn was the one who was most angry about the whole Carly-Harry break up. Carly is like a younger sister to Zayn, with him already having two younger sisters, so he knows how much Carly’s hurt.

            Harry’s eyes hardened and Kate’s face dropped. Yeah, that’s right. “Can you not talk about her when I’m around?” Harry says in a sharp tone.

            “Why not?” Zayn glares at him. “Because it just reminds you of how much you hurt her?”

            “Zayn,” I whisper, since I was closest to him.

            “No, Eleanor!” he exclaims, standing up. He then turns, facing Harry. “Carly’s like a little sister to me, Harry. You know how much she loved you, and you decide to cheat on her with... Her?” he says the last part in a disgusted tone, looking at Kate. She glares at him. I swear, if looks could kill, Kate would be dead over thirty times by now because of the glares the rest of us were sending her.

            “Nothing is wrong with Kate, Zayn,” Harry snaps, pushing Kate behind him in a defensive manner. “She’s an amazing girl who I truly like, so if you don’t mind, get your nose out of my business.”

            Louis suddenly stands up. “Are you even hearing yourself, mate?” he asks Harry, wide eyed. “You’re acting as if Carly doesn’t mean anything to you.”