Chapter 42

Kind of a short, filler chapter. :P

Old photo of Harry and Gemma. Aw aw aw ----->

__________________________________________________________________________

Carly’s POV:

            My right foot bounced up and down as I sat in front of Gemma’s room, waiting for Harry to come out. Anne and Robin had already checked on Gemma, so they went to the cafeteria of the hospital. As I sat waiting, I couldn’t help but worry. Even though I haven’t met her, I really hope Gemma is okay. She’s Harry’s older sister, and obviously one of the most important people in Harry’s life, so I’m just hoping she wakes up and recovers quickly. Harry has been worried sick about her, and I was lucky enough to get his mind off of things for a while as we walked around Holmes Chapel.

            I fiddled with my skirt as I waited. Harry has been there for at least fifteen minutes, and I’m sure he’s just praying that his sister wakes up soon. I suddenly hear the door click open, and my head snaps up to see Harry standing in front of the door. I stand up and walk over to him, my hands interlocked together. “Are you okay?” I ask, looking up at him.

            Harry lets out a sigh, slightly nodding. “Yeah,” he says. “Come inside.”

            “Are you sure?” I ask, and he nods. I nod slightly and follow him inside the hospital room. The smell of disinfectant intoxicates my nostrils as I enter, and my eyes immediately land on the person on the bed.

            She has dark hair, almost black like Anne’s, and bangs covering her forehead. Her skin is pale, almost like a ghost’s, and a band aid is wrapped around her head. Her lips are still pink, slightly parted, as breaths came in and out. She looked almost lifeless, but her chest moving up and down because of the breaths she was taking says so otherwise. The hospital bed sheets were covering her body up until her collar bones, so only her neck and head were visible.

            I bite my bottom lip and look at Harry, who’s staring at his ill sister. I can see tears gathering in his eyes as the rims turn red, and I know he’s about to cry. He’s just trying not to cry, because he thinks it’s gonna show that he’s weak. He couldn’t be more wrong.

            “It’s okay to cry, Harry,” I tell him quietly but softly. I put my hand on his upper arm and rub it. “You can cry.”

            Harry’s head turns towards me, and I can see the tears pouring out of his green eyes and trailing down his cheeks. Seeing him cry just breaks my heart, as if someone pulled it out and starting stepping on it – I’m not even joking, that’s how it feels. Seeing Harry Styles cry is the most heart breaking thing in the world.   

            I instantly wrap my arms around his torso and pull him in a hug, burying my face in his chest. I feel his own strong arms wrap around my neck, and then I feel his head being buried in my shoulder. Sobs start coming out of his mouth as he shakes slightly and cries, and I squeeze him as tightly as I can. I let him cry on my shoulder, knowing the countless times he’s let me cry on his. I shut my eyes as Harry cries, biting my lip hard so I don’t start crying myself. Hearing Harry cry is like torture – I never want to hear it. He’s too amazing to be crying like the way he is; shaking so hard as sobs pour out of his mouth constantly.

            I hear him sniff one last time before he pulls way, and I place my hands on his cheeks as I examine his tearful face. Tears are staining his cheeks, and his gorgeous green eyes aren’t sparkling like they usually are; instead their dull, almost as if they were dead. My hands cup his cheeks and I wipe the remaining tears with my thumbs, looking into his eyes.