37

Jieun landed on her feet,it stung for a second but nothing was broken.
She looked up to see Jihoon closing the window,she sighed knowing she doesn't have much time.

Luckily on this side of the building weren't many windows, so no one from the inside would see her or at least the chance was less.
Jieun started walking towards the edge of the flat roof trying to spot the leather but instead of a ladder she spotted two guards.

She immediately ducked down so they wouldn't see her,luckily they had their backs turned in her direction.

"Nothing here,we can go on."

"Hey!Whats that ladder doing there?"

One of the guards pointed towards the ladder, right there were Jieuns hide place was but luckily he didn't mean her.The girl didn't notice the ladder there before.

"Should we move it or?"

"Yeah let's put it back in the garden shed"

'No!'Jieun mentally shouted as she tried to make her self even smaller,body tightly pressed against the ground.

"Help me carry it."
One of the guards whined.

"No I have a higher position,do what I say."

"You act like the boss of this house."

"Well Taeyong told me to..."

Their voices faded away and Jieun raised her head and peeked over the edge,the ladder was gone so she could only do one thing...jump.

"This looks higher than before,probably 4 meters."
The girl mumbled.She was ready to jump before someone would see her through the few windows.

Jieun let her legs dangle over edge as she took deep breaths.
She moved her upper body closer to the edge.

"If I try to roll off,maybe nothing will break."

Jieun actually hated the feeling of falling,it was something that scared her.Free fall.But she didn't have a choice,if someone would go in Taeyongs office now and realize she wasn't there, they would find her quickly.

With a jolt Jieun dangled in the air her hands were tightly grabbing onto the brink,she she couldn't hold herself long but that wasn't her goal.

With a thud Jieun layed on the grass great pain in her left arm.She groaned as she forced herself to stand up.The girl grabbed onto the wall for support.
She hissed as she accidentally put pressure on her injured arm.

"Luckily it's not my leg."

And with that she looked around one last time, making sure no one saw her. Actually the hole mansion was surrounded by the forest but Jihoon told her to run south so she did.

Jieuns POV

I maybe ran about 300 meters when I heard siren from afar.

'They must've found out now.
Took them long enough.'

I could feel myself panicking a little knowing that they will look in forest but I trusted Jihoon that they won't look in the south.

So I picked up my pace, trying to shut out the disturbing sound of the siren.
I didn't look back and only kept my gaze on the ground ,so I won't fall over my own feet.

After some minutes I decided to slow down,too many thoughts were running through my head.

Worries
Plans
Possibilities

'I just hope Jihoon would keep my sister safe somehow.
I didn't even understand why he was helping me,he could literally get killed but he still decided to help me out.Jihoon is a true friend.