Fools And Cowards

---Taehyung's prov ------------

I was at home once again. I refused Jimin's offer to let Jungkook drive me home, that would be a disaster in my opinion. We had just been to the wedding planner, I laughed as I recalled how the planner was panicking when she caught glimpse of Jungkook's face. It was difficult to see Jungkook personally for people, since he was not a socializing person and being the CEO just adds to it.

I kept my distant from the couple, watching them from far. I remained true to my word and stayed out of their way, but for a moment...I allowed myself the luxury of observing Jungkook's face.

He looked so uncaring, unemotional...but I knew better. I had seen a side of him that wasn't meant to be seen, but I thanked my lucky stars for having the opportunity. There was a war being waged inside me, I wanted so badly to ask him why he had kissed me, but I kept holding it back, as long as I had control over my emotions, I would do all I could to erase whatever feelings I have for Jungkook.

He was Jimin's happiness, and maybe he could be my as well, but I wouldn't risk my friendship for a fleeting moment, or rather someone, who could be gone once I have given everything....and I couldn't take it if Jimin would look at me eyes full of hatred.

Tomorrow, I told myself I would distant myself from Jimin for a while, for being with him would mean being close to Jungkook as well. I would be all myself, sorting my thoughts and building my defenses.

I saw them deciding on the theme, when the wedding planner approached me with a smile. I was bit taken off guard when she said, "I cannot believe my eyes, it is you isn't it?"

I was confused, guess she took me for someone else, "Sorry, but do we know each other?"

"No, actually you don't know me, but i know you, you are that mysterious fashion Icon of Crystal Inc."

To be frank, I didn't expect anyone in Korea to know who I was. Yes I was globally famous, but very few had seen what I look like. I heard her saying that she had attended one of the fashion event when I was present and introduced in the party.

"It is my honor to personally meet you Mr. Kim, please let me know if I can help you any way. It will be on the house."

"Thank you for the offer ma'am, but can you do a favor for me instead?"

"Yes, Mr. Kim, please"

"Can you not reveal my identity anywhere, you see I have not talked to my manager, and we have some conditions set"

"Mr. Kim rest assured I wont let it out, but I would like to say sir, you are truly a Fashion Icon, I am a big fan of your collection and art."

"Thank you, I appreciate it."

True to her words the wedding planner didn't reveal my identity in front of Jimin and Jungkook thank god.

I walked past my leaving room, carefully averting my gaze from that tempting couch.

I need a change of furniture, that couch is going to a big problem

Totally absurd as it may seem, I had not sat on that couch for weeks, I couldn't even stay in that place for more than a second without blushing. I had half mind to demolish that part of my house, but I would be leaving after the wedding anyway, I would just have to endure the sweet torture for now.

I went up to my room and took a cold shower to calm my mind, then went straight to bed, although sleep didn't claim me for a long while.

I checked my phone, I had missed a call from Minjae, so I called him back. We spoke for an hour regarding business, and soon mind trailed to unwanted thoughts.

I hated the night sometimes, when I was a child I was afraid of sleeping in dark, now I had outgrown that phase and fear of my life. But there was another reason for me to be afraid, it reminded me of eyes as dark as midnight, eyes I can't help but drown myself into.

Night was also perfect time for the thoughts to come out...mostly I tried to not ponder on so much.

I felt defeated and cornered.

No matter where I turned, there would always be a dead end. Whenever I found an exit, I would be back where I had begun.

It was my curse that I had no sense of direction when things like these happen to me.

I didn't want to be damsel in distress, my life wasn't a fairy tale.

Princes and Knights are for those who can't stand up for their own, and I have already proven that I was not that type. Years of traveling gave me confidence, I could definitely take care of myself.

But maybe, I was just scared. Petrified that when someone came along my way, they would just pass and ignore me, or stay a while then leave after a while, or maybe I would end up dependent on them and wouldn't wish for them to leave.

I was already bit dependent on Minjae, and I will always thank my stars to have found him. The boy who stayed by my side for past few years.

So many reasons to be afraid, yet so little of them to be able to love....

...Wait, love?...Whenever did that come into picture?....

I sat up straight and tried to clear my mind. It would be great if I could fall in love, I saw a lot of it when I was moving from place to place, but the problem was, the only possible candidate was the one I swore to avoid at all costs.

I need some fresh air, so, I walked towards my balcony and let the wind whip past me.

I felt relaxed and refreshed...

I felt free.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

---Jungkook's prov ---------------

I was trying to calm the raging storm in my mind, I was furious that Taehyung wouldn't even look at me, but that was what I wanted to happen...right? No, it wasn't. But it was right thing to do, and so, I had no right to be angry at him.

Anger was not the only emotion I was feeling right now, worry was also etched in my features. It was late night when they had finished their trip, and Taehyung, the stubborn person, refused to let me drive him home. I knew Seoul was a city with low crime rate, but still, one never know.

And so after sending Jimin home, I followed Taehyung again. I drove with my headlights turned off, I didn't want him to know I was playing bodyguard.

What I wasn't able to understand though was, why I still remained there, in dark alleyway near his apartment, when Taehyung had long ago shut his door.

I still remained where I was, when I saw the lights in his room turn on and off....and I was still there even after hours had passed, just looking at his balcony.

Come out...Come out Tae...once ....Come out please.....

I kept chanting over and over again...and had the time of my life when he did come out.

I never really got over the fact that he was just so beautiful for his own good. He looked ethereal when moonlight fell on his face making his skin have soft glow. I have seen him quite often, but whenever I saw him, I felt like it was the first time I was watching him.

He looked like an angel about to unfold his wings, his hair was flowing freely, and the smile on his face only added to his radiance.

In my eyes he was brighter than the sun...

In my heart he was the most wonderful person I have ever seen...

But in my mind...

...Taehyung was out of his reach.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just go get him for God Sake Jungkook, how did you turned into a stalker. You are a CEO not a creepy stalker.

What should I do, make it sad ending or happy?... Poor baby mochi....