Choose Wisely

—----Jungkook's Prov —-------------------

I wanted to keep Taehyung out of this whole mess. It is going to get messier and I have to take measures to protect the person I cherish the most.

I walked towards Namjoon's office, since his message indicated that the results were out of testifying if the reports of Eun-woo's death are valid.

"Tell me it is was a lie Namjoon"

I spoke opening the door a bit harshly. The other was seated on the couch with all the papers scattered on the table.

He looked up, adjusting his glasses and leaned back, closing his eyes. I cursed immediately because my gut was screaming that this is going to get worse.

"Unfortunately he wasn't lying. Eun-woo was murdered that night kook." Namjoon looked at me with concerned eyes.

I just stared at the other taking in the news. I opened a few of my shirt buttons because I felt suffocated, the room felt uncomfortable as the seconds passed by. The buzz in my ear was starting to rise.

I walked towards the cabinet in the corner and pulled out a bottle of alcohol. I could feel the gaze of the other on my back but I needed something to enter my system to numb the ache.

"Namjoon" I said and I knew my voice quivered a bit while calling out.

"Jungkook-"

"Nothing"

I opened the bottle and chucked down the content, feeling the burning sensation as the liquid passed down the throat.

"Let me give you company..." I heard Namjoon say as he grabbed another bottle and two glasses.

I grabbed another two bottles and walked towards the coach, seating across the other.

The raw alcohol was seeping through my system but it didn't hit me yet. I watched as the other poured the content from the bottle in the glass for me and him.

He slided the glass towards me. My eyes never left the glass, watching its contents spill a little on the table as it slided towards me.

Life never changes... does it.. I smirked on my thoughts.

I lost track of time, maybe hours passed by. What was the time?

I leaned back, titling my head upwards starting at the ceiling. I could feel the effects slowly. Was the ceiling always moving or did it always have those weird patterns?

"Jungkook ... Ju- k-ok"

With a few curses I lifted my head up and faced back at Namjoon who was busy on his laptop.

I gave him a raised brow with a challenging look, which he returned back with the same intensity.

"Are you planning to finish all my alcohol supply?"

"Why not?" I smirked back.

He just nodded his head in disappointment. "What are you planning to do now?"

I closed my eyes for a moment, feeling numb all over. Thinking about what I should do.

I opened my eyes and looked at the other who was waiting for my response.

"I am going to make a call and let the person decide what I should do next."

"What?" Namjoon looked at me while scrunching his brows, trying to decode what I meant.

I went through my contacts looking for that person's name. My finger hovered over it for a moment, contemplating should I press the number.

I finally went with it and held my phone to my ears waiting for the other to pick it up.

Namjoon was still staring at me with a worried look. I just could give a blank stare.

As the rings were heard, my mind started flashing past events. Ironically, I am in the same state as I was at that time.

—---- Flashback Starts —---------------

—---Jungkook's Prov —-------------

The restaurant was crowded, people were enjoying themselves with their people and I was wearing a suit sitting alone with a glass of whisky as if waiting for someone to accompany me.

It was the time when I was still mourning over my hyung's death. The restaurant was owned by me, yet it felt like it never was mine. My heart was aching, I didn't know what to do.

I swirled the content of the glass watching it move smoothly as the ice cubes collided with each other. My eyes traveled towards my phone and a thought crossed my mind.

I dialed the number hoping the person would pick it up. I chugged the content in the glass listening to the continuous rings.

I gulped hard when the rings stopped and the call was picked.

"What do you want, Jungkook?" A least interested voice spoke.

"Is it unimaginable for a son to just want to sit and talk with his father?"

"Jungkook, I am busy."

I chuckled, gripping the glass a bit harshly.

"Hyung is no more. I -... Father, can we meet please..."

"Stop being dramatic. If this call is not regarding Company matters. We will talk when you have something valuable to speak about."

Beep sound was heard indicating that the call ended in front of the other side. Anger piled up in my head and I threw the glass leading it to crash across the bar counter.

People moved on with the scene, as if they were used to this behavior of mine and why not, this aggressiveness has turned into my personality.

—---- Flashback ended —----------------

—-- Jungkook's Prov —-------------

The ringing stopped indicating the call had picked. This caught my attention back to reality. 

"What is it Jungkook"

"Good to hear your voice too, -- father..."

"Father of my, I wanted to enlighten you on interesting news."

"I am not interested to have any conversation w-"

"It is about your favorite son" A laugh erupted through my throat, when I heard silence, but the faint background music indicating me the call was still. So he care about Hyung only.... tsk.

"Hyung was murdered -- father." My voice quivered and I chugged a huge sip of alcohol. I had to keep myself together, this was not the time to break down.

"And?" Mr. Jeon responded.

I gripped the bottle tightly while my eyes were set on the wall across me, trying to burn holes into it. Think wisely about what you choose, father...

"We should look into it... and find out who did it father."

"It had been long gone. I have other things to prioritize other than playing detective games with you."

The call ended with a beep, but this time by me.

"You know right your hand is bleeding, Jungkook?"

I looked at Namjoon with a questionable look, then glanced back at my hand which was now holding a piece of glass, while the pieces of the bottle was scattered on the floor.

The red liquid dripping from my palm like water droplets on the floor caught my attention.  I found it fascinating, felt like a sudden adrenaline rush flowing through my veins. Through the corner of my eyes I saw Namjoon coming with the first aid kid.

He took my hand and started desterilizing it. "Now what have you planned?"

A smirk stretched on my face while I starred at Namjoon, "Time for bloodshed. Time to take everything."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this was a short chapter.... Sorry readers...