03

THE ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST - FOREST

A lone stag roamed on the forest road, tending to a patch of grass. A coachman's voice was heard in the distance. Startled, the stag turned its head up and turned to leave hastily. Carriage horses stomped forward pulling a carriage on the road. Inside the carriage, Prince Charming looked out the window.

"What do you think of the view, my dear?" Prince Charming asked.

Princess Abigail, sitting across from him as she held a fan, rapidly fanned herself before letting out a sigh and said, "I've seen better. This is taking forever. I told you the Troll Bridge would've been quicker." The carriage bounced. "And far less bumpy." Prince Charming took a bag of jewelry in his lap and gazed at it; Abigail gazed at the box, then at him. "Are you even listening to me?"

Prince Charming distractedly looked away from the bag. "Yes, of course I am."

"Whoa, whoa!" the coachman cried and the carriage horses neighed as they drew to a halt.

Prince Charming said to Abigail, "Worry not -- it's but a fallen tree. Fellas? Shall we?" He got out to examine the end of the tree. A cloaked figure landed on top of the carriage, startling Abigail inside.

Prince Charming continued assessing the marks on the tree and a guard asked, "M'lord? What is it?"

"These markings. This tree didn't fall -- it's been cut. It's an ambush." The cloaked figure reached into the open carriage door and grabbed the bag on the seat. Abigail screamed at the intrusion and Prince Charming rushed back.

"Sir!"

"Guards!" Abigail yelled. "Stop, thief! Help me!"

The thief joined a pirate and both mounted a horse and made a getaway. Prince Charming mounted a horse as well and chased after the thief and the pirate. As he passed the carriage, Abigail looked out the carriage door at the commotion. Prince Charming managed to catch up to the thief, and when his horse sped up to align with the other horse, he forced the thief to the ground.

Prince Charming fell and got up to stand over the thief as he ordered, "Show your face, you coward!" He flipped the thief over, preparing a fist to punch. He stopped and the anger dissipated to a dazed surprise. The thief was a fair-faced woman. "You're... a girl."

"Woman," the thief corrected. Grabbing a rock, she hit Prince Charming in the face with it and he sprawled to the side in pain. She got back onto her horse and rode off, catching up to the blonde pirate.

Prince Charming got up, his chin bloodstained, and yelled, "You can't hide from me! Wherever you are, I will find you!" The thief turned to flash him a satisfied smirk as she got away. Prince Charming shot her an irritated look.

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT DAY - GRANNY'S DINER

Dr. Whale and Mary Margaret were on a date. She looked at him and sipped her drink.

"Um, where were we?" Dr. Whale asked. "Something about you wanting fifteen kids?"

Mary Margaret, shocked, cried, "No! Good lord, no. I meant in my class, where I teach. You'll meet them tomorrow." Dr. Whale nodded in understanding, and then as she continued to speak, his gaze drifted to the person behind her. Ruby was clearing tables in the background, and was scantily clad in a white shirt showing her midriff with a red mini-skirt and high heels. He glanced to Jackie, who was sipping her drink as she looked over some papers. "They're coming to the hospital as part of the Volunteer Outreach Program.

Ruby moved to another table almost directly behind Mary Margaret. He quickly shifted his eyes back in time to respond. "Oh, yeah. That is a great program."