ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

Knights on horseback led a carriage through a path in the forest. A man stood in the center of the path, blocking the way. He drew his sword. The knights stopped.

"And just who might you be?" a knight asked.

"I'm the man who's going to relieve you of that chest full of gold you're transporting," the man replied.

The knight laughed. "You and what army?"

"Well I'm glad you asked." He raised his arm and flaming arrows lit up the forest. "Your choice. Save your lives or the gold."

"Retreat!" The knights rode away, leaving the carriage with the gold behind.

The man removed his helmet, revealing himself to be Captain Hook. "Smee!" Smee walked out of the forest. "Those arrows took a lot longer to light than discussed."

"It wasn't easy lighting them all by ourselves, Captain," Smee replied. "Maybe if we had an actual army."

"And share in the spoils? I think not."

"I gotta say: it's good to be at your side again, sir." He unlocked the carriage and removed a treasure chest. "And, not as a rat."

"Well, that's a lovely side effect of the curse breaking for you, I'd imagine."

"I did like the mobility, but being a human is good too." He broke the lock on the treasure chest.

"What did I tell you, mates? You don't need a ship to be a pirate." He laughed.

TAVERN

"To the most clever, dastardly band of pirates to ever set sail-" Hook began as he looked at Smee and they both laughed, "—stride, on the open road!"

"To Captain Hook!" Smee cried and the men cheered and drank. "Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. The boys and I chipped in and got you something." He pointed across the tavern to a wench.

"Oh, Mr. Smee. How did you know?" The wench led Hook out of the tavern.

"Enjoy! To Captain Hook! Come on, one more."

The wench, outside the tavern, as Hook gave her a pouch of coins, said, "I don't understand, your men took care of me."

"And tomorrow, you shall tell them that you had a grand time," Hook replied. "Goodnight." The wench left. Hook began to walk away, but was hit over the head with a club. He fell to the ground, and a figure put a dagger to his throat.

"Move and I'll slit your throat!" Ariel ordered.

"Not a good plan for you. I'm guessing you don't know who I am."

"I know exactly who you are, Captain Hook!"

"Well, then I'm at a disadvantage."

"My name's Ariel. And you're going to pay for what you've done."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

David and Emma were attempting to assemble a crib in the Blanchard Loft.

As David looked at the instructions, he said, "See, the enemy battle plans that were used are easier to decode than this."

"Let me see," Emma stated. "All right, it says, "take screws E, with washers D, through bar C, using wrench F, which is not provided"."

"Why don't we just call Marco?" Mary Margaret suggested. "He's really good at this sort of thing."