SOMEWHERE IN MAINE

Kurt and Owen Flynn were camping. The father taught his son how to correctly tie a lanyard keychain.

"Yeah, there you go, Kurt said. "That's it. A little tighter. Now pull the loops, as tight as you can. Ah, look at that. I mean, it's not bad for your first one."

"Green and red, like Luke and Darth's lightsabers," Owen replied.

"Hey. Here is one for your collection. Your.. grandpa taught me how to make these when I was your age."

"You're giving it to me? It's mine now? You weren't very good at this when you were my age, were you?"

Kurt laughed. "All right, smart guy. Yeah, time to get dinner started." A strong gust of wind began.

"What is that?"

"Probably an electrical storm. Put the fire out. Get in the tent!"

"Dad!"

"Owen. We'll be all right, kid."

The Dark Curse blasted through the woods.

---

Kurt and Owen woke up and found trees knocked onto the ground, one tree even crushed their car.

"Whoa. What kind of storm was that?" Owen wondered.

"It's a big one," Kurt said as they began walking and searching for the nearest highway. "The highway should be just over that ridge, and then we'll get a ride to the nearest town."

"That's what you get for camping in the boonies, I guess."

Owen noticed something. "Dad. Look."

---

Kurt and Owen were walking down the street in Storybrooke.

"This is impossible," Kurt commented. "We drove through here yesterday. There was nothing here. It's like someone dropped a town right on top of us."

Kurt and Owen were looking at the Storybrooke clock tower. A sheriff's car stopped behind them. The door of the car opens to reveal Sheriff Graham.

"You need some help?" Sheriff Graham asked. "You two look lost."

"Who are you? What is this place?" Kurt questioned.

"Name's Graham. I'm the sheriff." Kurt and Graham shook hands. "Welcome to Storybrooke."

In the Mayor's house, in Regina's bedroom, Regina woke up for the first time in Storybrooke. She looked out of the window, saw the town of Storybrooke and realized that Dark Curse worked.

"I did it. I won," Regina said.

Regina was walking down the street and saw Marco struggling to repair a sign.

"That should hold you," Marco stated.

"I cannot believe you put me on the early shift," Ruby said.

"Not my fault you stayed out all night," Granny retorted. "When I put over easy on the menu, I was talking about the eggs!"

"Morning, Madame Mayor," Archie greeted.

"Good morning, —Dr. Hopper," Regina replied.

"Beautiful day, isn't it?

"Yes. Yes, it is."