04

THE ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

The wicked stepmother and the ugly stepsisters dressed in gowns got in their carriage that would take them to the ball while Cinderella remained behind sweeping, dressed in rags.

The Fairy Godmother flew in and said, "Do not despair, my dear, you will attend that ball."

"Who are you?" Cinderella asked.

She grew into her larger form. "I'm your Fairy Godmother, and I'm here to change your life Cinderella."

"But my stepmother told me that I couldn't go, she forbade me to leave."

"Your stepmother doesn't have this." She brandished her wand. "This wand has the power to take you to your ball, to your prince, and to..." She exploded, and Rumpelstiltskin appeared, claiming her wand.

"What did you do?"

"Now now, I got what I wanted," Rumpelstiltskin replied. "There's no need to be frightened."

"No need? You just killed my Fairy Godmother. She was trying to help me."

"Was she? Do you know what this is?" He held up the wand.

"Pure magic."

"Pure evil. Trust me. I've done you a favor. All magic comes with a price. Go on back to your life and thank your lucky stars you've still got something to go back to."

"My life... it's wretched."

"Then change it. You can't handle this." He held up the wand and turned to leave."

"Wait, please wait. I can handle it. Please, I will do anything to get out of here, anything."

"Anything?"

"Do you know how to use the wand, Mr..."

"Rumpelstiltskin. And yes, of course I do."

"Then help me."

"Well, if I do, and you can indeed shoulder the uh... consequences, then you'll owe me a favor.

"Name it, what do you want?"

"Something precious.

"But I have nothing."

"Oh, but you will. With this wish comes riches more than you know."

"Now we're talking."

"Well, how does it work?"

"Fear not. My needs are small, and all you have to do is sign on the dotted line." He magically summoned a document. "Do we have a deal?"

"Yes, yes thank you." She signed the document.

Rumpelstiltskin inspected the document. "Mmm..." He waved the wand and he rags turned into a ball gown, her hair done up, and glass slippers were on her feet. "There."

Cinderella looked at the slippers. "Glass?"

"Every story needs a memorable detail. Let's see how the fit, shall we?" She put the slippers on. "Now you have a good time, but be sure to watch the clock.

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT DAY

The bell of the clock tower rang out above them as Henry, Jackie and Emma walked the streets of Storybrooke.

Emma, Henry and Jackie walked down the main street.

"You sure we can be out in the open?" Henry asked.