03

FAIRY TALE WORLD - PAST

Red was quickly running through the woods. She arrived at a tent where Prince Charming, Snow White, and several others were gathered around a map. They were discussing strategy when she entered.

"King George's men are here on this ridge..." Prince Charming began.

"We have to move camp," Red said. "They're coming for us."

"No! We will not run. We said we were going to take the kingdom back and we can't do that with our tails between our legs. ...No offense."

"But matters have worsened. The King has a new general."

"Who is he?" Snow White asked.

"They call him the Leviathan. They say he attacks like a monster striking from the depths of the sea. You never see him coming, you never survive."

"We'll see about that," Prince Charming said.

"How close is his army?" Snow White questioned as an arrow tore through the tent and struck the table.

"I'd say pretty close." Everyone exited the tent. Several of King George's men had gathered outside.

"We should split up – divide them."

"Exactly. Go. Go! Go." Everyone scattered, except Prince Charming, who lingered back.

"Aren't you coming?"

"He's going after me. You'll have a better chance of escaping on your own. Don't worry. Meet me in two days time at the cabin."

"The cabin? Where she is? Are you sure?"

"We're engaged. I think it's about time you met my mother." They noticed a masked knight on a horse watching them from a distance. "Go. Go." Snow White took off into the woods, but was followed by the masked knight. The knight managed to get ahead of her and easily knocked her down.

"What kind of general hides behind a mask? Who are you really, Leviathan?"

"Leviathan?" Lancelot repeated. "That's what they're calling me?" He removed his helmet. "Name's Lancelot."

"Lancelot? Of the Round Table?"

"Not anymore."

FAIRY TALE WORLD - PRESENT

In 'the pit', Mary Margaret was still unconscious. Cora tended to her as Emma and Jackie watched.

"You sure she's going to be okay?" Emma asked.

"Don't worry," Cora replied with a smile. "She'll be fine."

"What is this place? Where are we?"

"It's a little island our captors like to think of as their haven."

Jackie narrowed her eyes. "Haven? From what?"

"The world's dangerous. What's left of it, anyway."

"Well, they can't keep us down here," Emma said. "We didn't do anything wrong."

"Neither did I."

Jackie scoffed. "Oh, you didn't do anything?"

Emma shot her a look, then turned back to Cora. "Then why are you here?"

"I'm here because of something my daughter did," Cora said. "The curse that ravaged this land? She cast it."

"Regina. You're Regina's mother?"