07

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT - THE MINES

The dwarves were still mining for diamonds.

"Pickaxes down, brothers!" Happy said. "First round at Granny's is on me!"

"Come on, Leroy. We're going to miss happy hour," Doc told him.

"Granny's running a two-for-one special on mead."

"Just cause it's called "happy hour", Happy, don't mean you got to be there," Leroy shot back. "We got work to do."

"But you're tired. We all are. A break could help."

"Charming asked us to mine for dust–fairy dust. To help bring Snow, Jackie and Emma back home." He continued to hit a wall with his pickax. "And that's what I'm going to do!" He struck another blow, which broke the wall entirely, sending him falling into another cavern. The rest of the dwarves peered in.

David, Henry and Mother Superior arrived at the mines while being led in by Happy.

"Where is he?" David asked and Happy showed them the cavern where Leroy landed, which was lined with diamonds.

"Are those..." Henry began.

"Diamonds," Mother Superior finished. "They're back. The magic brought them back."

"You mean, the kind that become fairy dust?"

"Indeed. We just need to refine them–grind them up. Do you still have what remains of Jefferson's hat?"

Mother Superior then added, "You lock this up. Keep it safe. Because, by this time tomorrow, we'll have enough magic dust to make it work again."

"So, Mary Margaret, Jackie and Emma..." Henry was cut off.

"That's right, kid," David said. "We're bringing 'em home."

GRANNY'S DINER

Everyone was celebrating Leroy's discovery. Belle joined in on the party as well.

"To the dwarves!" David exclaimed and everyone cheered and they all drank as a toast. "That was quite a spill. Are you okay?"

"I've had worse," Leroy replied and everyone laughed as Ruby, from behind the counter, walked over to clean up one of the tables.

"A mouse," Billy said.

Ruby, startled, asked, "What? Where?"

"No. I meant me. I was a mouse. My name was Gus. I lived in Cinderella's pantry, I ate cheese, I gnawed on wood, but I preferred the cheese."

"And, why are you telling me this?"

"Uh, we haven't had a chance to talk since things... changed. I just wanted you to know who I was... back home."

"Uh, can I, um, still call you Billy?"

"You can call me whatever you want, as long as you let me buy you a drink after your shift. I already know Ruby. I want the chance to meet Red."

Ruby eyed the clock. "Um, tonight's actually not great. Because..."

"Uh, we, uh... we have, uh, plans," Belle said as she stepped up.

"That's right, um... It's girls' night. I'm bringing the cheese. Which has nothing to do with you being a mouse. It has to do with the... wine."

"Okay," Billy replied. "Um... Maybe next time." He left.

"Thank you."

"I can spot a girl in trouble," Belle told her. "He... He seems really nice."

"It's... It's complicated."