STORYBROOKE - MR. GOLD'S PAWNSHOP

Henry, surrounded by Emma, Neal, Mary Margaret, David, Jackie and Mr. Gold, blew out eleven candles on a cake. The adults cheered and clapped their hands.

Mr. Gold leaned towards Henry. "And now, my boy, for your present. Pick one object from this shop. Anything you like."

Henry walked around looking for something, then suddenly stopped and pointed at one of the wands. "That." He took the wand and waved it around.

"All right, careful, buddy! Wands are powerful," Neal told him.

Henry turned to Mr Gold. "So how does it work?"

"Here, let me show you," Mr. Gold replied and Henry handed Mr. Gold the wand. Mr. Gold waved it through the air for a moment, then turned Henry into a ceramic statue with a flick of his wrist.

"Gold, why would you do that!?" David asked.

"The prophecy. The seer said the boy would be my undoing. So I have no choice: I must be his." He took his cane and shattered the statue.

MR. GOLD'S HOUSE

Mr. Gold suddenly woke up from his dream and looked around in distress.

PARK

Neal and Henry were sword fighting while Mr. Gold watched on.

Regina approached Mr. Gold. "Seems like we both have been pushed to the side lines."

"What are you doing here?" Mr. Gold questioned.

"The real question is what's your son doing with mine?"

"Oh that..." He turned towards Regina. "That's right, you didn't get the birth announcement, did you? That's Henry's father."

"What?"

"Do I have to spell it out for you? Miss Swan and my son-"

Regina interrupted him. "You're Henry's grandfather?"

"Guess that makes us family! He's got my eyes, don't you think?" He walked away from Regina.

"You did this!"

"Trust me, dearie, it was as much a shock to me as it is to you."

"No! You must have known! When I adopted them, it was you who procured him for me. You expect me to believe that that was a coincidence?"

"No, not coincidence. Fate. And apparently, fate has a sense of humor."

"Fate. So, you're playing the part of the loving grandpa now? He won't accept you, no matter what you do. Not your son, not any of them."

"We'll see."

"I've already seen, Gold. I've seen your dark heart and it always wins out. You always choose darkness."

"You think you know me, dearie. But you don't."

"I know you well enough. If your own son couldn't bring out the good in you, who will?"

STORYBROOKE GENERAL HOSPITAL - BELLE'S ROOM

Mr. Gold entered and Belle said, "You're alive."

"Indeed, I am," Mr. Gold replied. "I imagine my last phone call was a bit alarming."

"Yeah. Sounded like you were on your deathbed."

"I'm really sorry if I startled you. I know that you have no memory of me. But my feelings for you are real. And I just needed you to know that in case... well in case I died."

"I'm glad you're okay. And I could tell your feelings were true."

"You could?"

"I have a sense about people. I can't explain how, but I... I could just tell."