NEVERLAND - PRESENT

Mr. Gold conjured a fireball to start a campfire. He froze his shadow on a large rock and used his dagger to cut his shadow from his feet. "You know what to do. Hide it where no one can find it, not even me."

---

On another part of the island, Hook said, "The ridge is just a few hundred paces up ahead."

Emma frowned. "You really think we're gonna be able to see Pan's hideout?"

"From there, we should be able to see everything, including where he's keeping your son," Jackie reasoned.

"You know, I could have just puffed us up here in an instant," Regina said.

"Where? Have you any idea what's up here or anywhere? There are dangers all about. Only I can guide us past them."

Emma nodded. "He's right. Hook's lived here before. If he says hiking up is the best way, then we listen."

Mary Margaret handed Emma a flask. "Here. You need to stay hydrated."

"Thanks, Mary Margaret," Emma replied as she took the flask and.

"You know, "Mary Margaret" is a bit formal. You could call me "mom" if you want. You've done it before."

"That was back when..."

"...we were about to die. Oh no, I get it." They caught up with the rest of the group.

In the front, David cut down branches blocking their path. He saw a patch of thorns and moved to slash them, but Hook stopped him. "No. No!"

"I can handle a couple of thorns," David said.

"That's dream shade. It's not the thorns you have to worry about. It's the poison they inject you with. This plant is the source of the toxins I used on The Dark One."

"The poison that almost killed Gold?"

Hook nodded. "Indeed. I used a concentrated dose. In its natural form, death would be much slower and far more painful. I suggest we go this way."

"We'll go this way." He went off as Mary Margaret and Regina followed.

"Your father's a distrustful fellow."

"He's just not used to working with the bad guys," Emma replied.

"I can assure you, on this island, I am not the bad guy."

"Yeah, well, Pan's not supposed to be one either."

"What possibly gave you that idea?"

"Every story I ever heard as a child."

"Well, they got it all wrong. Pan is the most treacherous villain I've ever faced. Tell me something, luv. In these stories... what was I like? Other than a villain. Handsome, I gather."

"If waxed mustaches and perms are your thing." She walked away.

"I take it by your tone, perms are bad?"

"Up here!" David yelled. "We made it."

"Pan's lair should be just... right..."

Regina cut him off. "Where? All I see is jungle."

"Aye. The Dark Jungle." Hook took out his telescope to survey the land. "It's, uh, grown so much since I last stepped foot in Neverland."

Regina sighed. "So this nature hike was for nothing."

"Hook may have led us astray, but at least we're in a good position to start combing the jungle," David told them.

"Not exactly," Hook said. "The Dark Jungle's the last place you wanna set foot. We'll have to go around it. In order to do that, we're gonna need our strength. I suggest we make camp."