STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Emma and David were sitting in Emma's office at the station. She handed him a mug of tea.

"Thank you," David replied. "I hope Kathryn's somewhere warm, not out in the cold."

Emma looked at him. "David. I think you need to start worrying about yourself a little bit more here. Your wife is missing. You are in love with another woman. There's this... Unexplained phone call."

"I know, I know. I just... I can't explain why it says that. I didn't do anything to my wife."

"I'm pretty good at spotting a liar. And, honestly, liars have better material. Now, go home."

"I can go?"

"We don't even know if there was a crime yet. So, get some sleep."

"Thank you." He stood up to leave.

"And, David? Maybe... Get a lawyer."

GRANNY'S DINER

Ruby was flirting with August, who was sitting at one of the tables. "You can't be serious. A whole year without a roof over your head?"

"Well, you get used to it," August replied. "Plus, I had the motorcycle. So, if I didn't like a place after awhile..."

Granny called for Ruby, but the latter ignored her. "Ruby?"

"I've never been out of Storybrooke," Ruby admitted. "What was your favorite place?"

"Nepal," August answered. "Best people. They have these prayer temples carved into mountains that are overrun with lemurs."

"What's a lemur?"

"Ruby!" Granny yelled.

"Just give me a sec!"

"They're little animals. And they have these eyes that reflect light. So, at night, it looks like they glow," August explained.

"Ruby!" Granny called again. "Stop flirting and get over here!"

ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

Peter knocked on the shutter of Red and Granny's cottage. Red, imitating the voice of an old woman, called out from inside.

"Who's there?" Red asked.

"Let me in," Peter replied.

"I'm just a poor, old widow. Spare me!"

"Let me in, or I'll..."

"Yes?"

"I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow the-"

Red opened the shutters. "You'll huff and puff?"

"I couldn't think of nothing."

"Oh, so you thought that you'd level the house with the power of your breath? Well, a case could be made..."

"Oh, ho ho-"

"Shh! Granny's in the other room. You know she doesn't like me opening the shutters."

"No, she doesn't like me."

"That's what I meant."

"You got to get out of here."

"I know. Anywhere."

"Well, a blacksmith's boy can get work all over."

"You'd leave everyone you know? You'd do that for me?"